Vintage Torn Shirt

Everything related to mountain biking that's not covered in the forums below

Vintage Torn Shirt

Postby DynoDon » January 19th, 2019, 7:10 am

From 2012 on a rigid single speed, great to see the old trail, on a single speed it must have been too hard to make the gravel climbs, those are missing, but a lot of it is recognizable, I raced it in 2011 in a time trail with Tailwinds, it was only 6 miles long, now 8 miles, what a great trail then and now...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ER79KzokYN4
4 wheels transport the body, 2 wheels transport the soul !!!
DynoDon

Re: Vintage Torn Shirt

Postby Roy » January 19th, 2019, 11:53 am

Don,

I was riding TS at a time when that gravel climb had gotten almost unridable - a long time ago.
There were 3 teenagers in shorts and tank tops ridding Huffys , they almost made up that gravel hill.
I wondered what am I doing with all this $$$ bike C r a p , spandex, Camel pack, clip ons, bike computer, and Helmet?
But then, I remembered prior crashes, and how all that C r a p minimized injury and got me back to the parking lot.

That is a great movie, thanks for posting it.

Roy
Roy

Postby Shomegrown » January 22nd, 2019, 2:17 pm

Ha! That's my buddy Chris. Check out the rest of his channel if you're into cars.
Shomegrown

Postby Storz » February 11th, 2019, 12:53 pm

Long live the 90s version of Torn Shirt :)
Ellsworth Evolve SST.2
Storz

Postby crustaceous_flora » February 13th, 2019, 4:17 pm

Sounds so fun!! I wish we still had fall line, rutted out downhills instead of this -5-7% grade stuff that's getting popular. Inb4 "sustainability".... those rutted root drop trenches at Poto are some of the funnest sections around!
crustaceous_flora

Postby DynoDon » February 18th, 2019, 8:23 am

crustaceous_flora wrote:Sounds so fun!! I wish we still had fall line, rutted out downhills instead of this -5-7% grade stuff that's getting popular. Inb4 "sustainability".... those rutted root drop trenches at Poto are some of the funnest sections around!

I raced Torn Shirt back then with Tailwinds, those climbs were tough, but great,,, to maintain the black diamond Torn Shirt does need more features, I do like the newer sections, but wouldn't mind more challenges. Still one great trail.
4 wheels transport the body, 2 wheels transport the soul !!!
DynoDon

Return to General