Boyne riding

Everything related to mountain biking that's not covered in the forums below

Boyne riding

Postby Chippewa93 » July 31st, 2020, 2:34 pm

Up in Petoskey next weekend. Which is better Mt or Highlands. Do I have to buy the pass or can I just ride it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
" Life is what happens when your making plans " - John Lennon
Chippewa93

Re: Boyne riding

Postby c0nsumer » July 31st, 2020, 2:57 pm

Also consider Avalanche Park and Boyne City School Forest. Those are XC-type stuff, but Avalanche has some nice fun elevation and the School Forest is nice twisty stuff through the trees with good rolling hills.
Steve Vigneau
CRAMBA-IMBA Treasurer

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer

Postby Hudnut » August 1st, 2020, 7:15 am

Im up that way next week as well. I was planning on giving highlands a try
Don't worry. It's all downhill from here.
Hudnut

Postby jthomp » August 1st, 2020, 5:06 pm

Highlands is a lot of fun! They don’t have a ton of miles, but it’s well built with multiple offshoots to mix it up when doing laps.

Sent you a pm
Life BYGG is all there is.
jthomp

Postby Ecruz » August 3rd, 2020, 9:27 am

Chippewa93 wrote:Up in Petoskey next weekend. Which is better Mt or Highlands. Do I have to buy the pass or can I just ride it

Highlands has downhill runs, with jumps, features, etc., as well as cross country trails. You only need a pass to ride the lifts. When we're up there, I usually do a 15-20 mile cross country-ish ride in the morning, then come in, eat lunch, take a nap & ride the lifts in the afternoon. FYI, the lifts do not run Mondays & Tuesdays.
Ecruz

Postby sheppardjm » August 3rd, 2020, 10:14 am

Highlands had substantial damage to their trails after the last big storm and I'm not sure if they've cleaned it up yet.

Avalanche was in great shape this weekend. When I rode Boyne Mountain about a month ago there were a few face slappers on the Bridges section but other than that it was in great shape albeit washed out in some sandy spots.

There's also a few handcut loops in East Jordan off the back of the middle school that have more technical features and rock if you're into that.
sheppardjm

Postby Ecruz » August 3rd, 2020, 10:33 am

sheppardjm wrote:Highlands had substantial damage to their trails after the last big storm and I'm not sure if they've cleaned it up yet.

Not sure if it's 100% cleaned up yet, but there was plenty open last week.
Ecruz

Return to General