Dirt Rag No More?

Everything related to mountain biking that's not covered in the forums below

Re: Dirt Rag No More?

Postby mtbdudex » September 7th, 2021, 11:31 am

WICCMB wrote:I'm thinking that "Slick Rock Point" is the large flat rock that you ride over (or these days it seems many people ride around it) just before the whoop de woos. The "rock garden" that you all are referring to is earlier on the trail.

This uphill rock garden … the recent torrential rains have made it more rowdier … yea, I admit it I dabbed here on my 9/3/2021 ride, loops ABC+E

Sent from my iPhone 11Pro using Tapatalk
mtbdudex

Postby flamingo » September 7th, 2021, 4:00 pm

This uphill rock garden … the recent torrential rains have made it more rowdier … yea, I admit it I dabbed here on my 9/3/2021 ride, loops ABC+E

I have been riding Highland for years and over past few years it either got more difficult of my skills got worse. Unless I am on a right gear and approach it at the right speed I have hard time making it. Otherwise it is a breeze. I still remember the entrance and exit of the C loop was couple feet towards the leaning tree. That used to be a challange specially leaving C.
Let's make 26ers great again!
flamingo

Postby c0nsumer » September 7th, 2021, 6:09 pm

flamingo wrote:

I have been riding Highland for years and over past few years it either got more difficult of my skills got worse. Unless I am on a right gear and approach it at the right speed I have hard time making it. Otherwise it is a breeze. I still remember the entrance and exit of the C loop was couple feet towards the leaning tree. That used to be a challange specially leaving C.

That uphill rock garden on B has eroded so much that most of them are now sticking out bottom bracket height. I remember them being less than half that height.
Steve Vigneau

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer

Postby washedout » September 13th, 2021, 12:04 pm

c0nsumer wrote:
flamingo wrote:

That uphill rock garden on B has eroded so much that most of them are now sticking out bottom bracket height. I remember them being less than half that height.
That section was revamped a few years ago after somebody tried to dumb it down by removing rocks. Thanks to the TC and volunteers for bringing it back with a vengeance!
washedout

Previous

Return to General