Everything related to mountain biking that's not covered in the forums below

Iceman tires

Postby xycarp » September 26th, 2021, 7:12 pm

What tires are you riding?
xycarp

Re: Iceman tires

Postby ReidRules18 » October 1st, 2021, 7:38 pm

Awesome to see this thread come up.

In addition, what tire pressure will you all be running ha…
"Only when the last tree has died and the last river been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money"-Cree Indian
ReidRules18

Postby flamingo » October 2nd, 2021, 8:53 pm

ReidRules18 wrote:Awesome to see this thread come up.

In addition, what tire pressure will you all be running ha…

I miss Lane and his rants. I think that was the last time that this forum was alive.

As for the tires. I think most of Iceman participants will ride on tires they use everyday. I doubt many people will be spending $150 plus on set of tires just to use for the race.
Let's make 26ers great again!
flamingo

Postby mmba7614 » October 4th, 2021, 7:32 pm

flamingo wrote:I miss Lane and his rants. I think that was the last time that this forum was alive.

He was the flame that kept the forums alive for a year or so while simultaneously burning them to the ground. Miss that too.

flamingo wrote:As for the tires. I think most of Iceman participants will ride on tires they use everyday. I doubt many people will be spending $150 plus on set of tires just to use for the race.

I guess in true LDC spirit ... *beep* YOU FLAMINGO! People will spend that much on tires every day of the week. But people are stupid. I'm not even gonna use tires. In Pro.

/s
mmba7614

Postby flamingo » October 4th, 2021, 9:14 pm

Keeping with the Lane's spirit.

*beep* YOU FLAMINGO! People will spend that much on tires every day of the week. But people are stupid. I'm not even gonna use tires. In Pro.

But I did not mean that!
Let's make 26ers great again!
flamingo

Postby Steve_Balogh » October 17th, 2021, 9:00 am

Late to the party here. The Iceman tire threads started around 2004, getting close to twenty years now. Wasn’t Lane that fueled these posts, but rather “Mad Matt” who responded not only here, but a long winded post about it on his blog. That just encouraged more people to pile it on. The rest is MMBA board history :)

Hopefully my Jumbo Jim’s last for Iceman, they’ve been on eternal back order. No idea when Schwalbe will do the next run. The only guy with any in stock are old snakeskins up here in TC. I use the Liteskins. Still going strong even with a tire plug in the rear. Tire supplies make this old joke a bit more serious nowadays. :(
Steve_Balogh

Return to General