North Carolina in December

Everything related to mountain biking that's not covered in the forums below

Postby flamingo » November 22nd, 2021, 10:05 am

Hello.
Has anybody been biking in North Carolina in early December? I am going there on business and I am contemplating taking my bike there to ride on the weekend.
Let's make 26ers great again!
flamingo

Re: North Carolina in December

Postby steveracer » November 22nd, 2021, 2:16 pm

Not in early Dec but in fall. Depending where in NC you are….I rode around lake Norman and they have a decent trail system there. Also rode just south of Charlotte as well. I was surprised it was nothing spectacular however the trails were nice and flowy and enjoyable. There are a lot of roots so a FS is preferred down there. No reason to NOT take your bike. Weather should be warmer than here.

I rented one locally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hope is not a good strategy.
steveracer

Postby CannondaleMike » December 9th, 2021, 11:20 am

Flamingo - if you have yet to make the trip to NC, please feel free to contact me. Recently moved from Birmingham, MI to Charlotte. Have ridden most of the local trails. Weather here can be hit or miss in Dec/Jan. Typically a little rainy but very dry here now. Rain the next several days. Some great trails around depending on where you are staying.

I sure miss my go to trails back in MI....Highland, Poto, Brighton, Pontiac, DTE, etc. Really miss Fat Biking. Sold most of my Fat Bikes but kept a few. Still ride the Fats here especially now.

Hope all is well up North.

Mike Sweeney
248 891-4096

Our local chapter...
https://tarheeltrailblazers.com/
CannondaleMike

Re: North Carolina in December

Postby flamingo » December 9th, 2021, 4:44 pm

CannondaleMike wrote:Flamingo - if you have yet to make the trip to NC, please feel free to contact me. Recently moved from Birmingham, MI to Charlotte. Have ridden most of the local trails. Weather here can be hit or miss in Dec/Jan. Typically a little rainy but very dry here now. Rain the next several days. Some great trails around depending on where you are staying.

I sure miss my go to trails back in MI....Highland, Poto, Brighton, Pontiac, DTE, etc. Really miss Fat Biking. Sold most of my Fat Bikes but kept a few. Still ride the Fats here especially now.

Hope all is well up North.

Mike Sweeney
248 891-4096

Our local chapter...
https://tarheeltrailblazers.com/

Thanks Mike.

My trip was only for one week. So I am back. I was in West Jefferson. Too bad I was not sent in the early fall or spring.
Let's make 26ers great again!
flamingo

Return to General