Strava Nonsense

Everything related to mountain biking that's not covered in the forums below

Strava Nonsense

Postby flamingo » March 8th, 2022, 5:08 pm

I will probably pour some gasoline on fire here and this post will go directly to the BASEMENT forums. But this site is dying anyways so here we go.

I just noticed at least on my account that when I accomplish my weekly cycling goal. It says "Flamingo accomplished THEIR weekly cycling goal." THEIR WTF??? It used to be HIS.

My profile at Strava says Male. Has the religion of inclusion at Strava gone mad to the point that now I am being forced to use plural pro-noun because allegedly a tiny proportion of users does not feel like they don't belong to this world? Grow some skin people. Well if I am being forced to use a pronoun that I don't identify with then I feel excluded. I have noticed that over past few years Strava has gone increasingly political (to one side of course) which is sad because at least in the area of cycling we were able to detach ourselves from politics. Does Strava think that by choosing sides they will get more people paying for subscription? As far as I know quite few of my friends cancelled their paid subscription or got out of it completely just because this kind of politically correct madness that Strava chose to endorse. I guess in couple months I am taking the same route.
Let's make 26ers great again!
flamingo

Re: Strava Nonsense

Postby PK » March 9th, 2022, 8:27 am

What is "Strava"? :wink:
I use this new-fangled thingie called "Excel".
It's pretty cool, I no longer need a pad of paper or even a pencil to jot down my miles!

Pete
PK

Postby ReidRules18 » March 9th, 2022, 7:18 pm

I go the excel route too! Never been into Strava, track everything on mine own since 2004.

Nope, I can’t have any KOMs or see who the top dog is, but I’m just doing it for fun.

Like Peter Sagan says, “why so serious?”
"Only when the last tree has died and the last river been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money"-Cree Indian
ReidRules18

Postby steveracer » March 10th, 2022, 9:06 pm

Flamingo. You are correct. Sir.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hope is not a good strategy.
steveracer

Postby talking head » March 22nd, 2022, 3:21 pm

flamingo wrote:I will probably pour some gasoline on fire here and this post will go directly to the BASEMENT forums. But this site is dying anyways so here we go.

I just noticed at least on my account that when I accomplish my weekly cycling goal. It says "Flamingo accomplished THEIR weekly cycling goal." THEIR WTF??? It used to be HIS.

My profile at Strava says Male. Has the religion of inclusion at Strava gone mad to the point that now I am being forced to use plural pro-noun because allegedly a tiny proportion of users does not feel like they don't belong to this world? Grow some skin people. Well if I am being forced to use a pronoun that I don't identify with then I feel excluded. I have noticed that over past few years Strava has gone increasingly political (to one side of course) which is sad because at least in the area of cycling we were able to detach ourselves from politics. Does Strava think that by choosing sides they will get more people paying for subscription? As far as I know quite few of my friends cancelled their paid subscription or got out of it completely just because this kind of politically correct madness that Strava chose to endorse. I guess in couple months I am taking the same route.

Stuff like this used to kinda bother me. Then I realized it both doesn’t matter in the grand scheme of things, and doesn’t actually effect my day to day life in any reasonable way.

Only you can decide if the service they provide to your life is worth enough to put up with whatever perceived political biases you believe Strava to hold.

I wasn’t to keen to pay when they changed their terms a couple years ago, but I enjoy their route builder and a few other features, so I pay. Maybe gender neutral pronouns are a big enough deal for you to quit over, again, your decision alone to make.

But my two cents that are probably worth even less? If you enjoy any of the other features of their service but don’t like being called him, her, their, or xe - Take your own advice and grow some thicker skin.
talking head

Postby mmba7614 » March 24th, 2022, 9:50 am

Take your own advice and grow some thicker skin.

LOL, this is the internet sir, where you can only tell *other* people to do that.
mmba7614

Postby SteveF » April 9th, 2022, 12:54 pm

Quit your *beep*. It doesn't hurt you in any way and it might make some people feel more welcome and "seen." If this is the worse thing in your life right now, you have it pretty good.
Sometimes the squeaky wheel gets replaced.
SteveF

Strava Nonsense

Postby mtbdudex » May 3rd, 2022, 11:28 am

My local trail yesterday … [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone 11Pro using Tapatalk
mtbdudex

Return to General