Snowshoe WV Sept 6-9, UCI World Cup Final races of 2019

Everything related to mountain biking that's not covered in the forums below

Snowshoe WV Sept 6-9, UCI World Cup Final races of 2019

Postby DynoDon » September 3rd, 2019, 12:49 pm

The last World Cup of the year, and its in the USA... Friday is the Short Track,, Saturday comes Downhill, then Cross Country on Sunday... Go Kate Courtney, and all USA riders in all the races...

USA, USA, USA,

:icon_salut_us: :icon_salut_us: :icon_salut_us:

https://www.redbull.com/int-en/events/u ... ive-stream
When was the first bicycle race?
When the second one was built !!!
DynoDon

Re: Snowshoe WV Sept 6-9, UCI World Cup Final races of 2019

Postby DynoDon » September 3rd, 2019, 6:05 pm

I hope Dorian don't show up in Snowshoe... dry races would be nice......
DynoDon

Postby mtbfree » September 4th, 2019, 9:38 am

DynoDon wrote:I hope Dorian don't show up in Snowshoe... dry races would be nice......

It's Snowshoe, so regardless of what the forecast looks like, there's approximately 0.5% chance it will be dry all weekend... even without Dorian's influence. In order for a completely dry weekend at Snowshoe to occur, there must be perfect alignment of all planets in our solar system along with all of the chakra's of the Snowshoe trail-building crew, during a third-quarter waning moon while mercury is in retrograde.

I predict a pop-up thunderstorm will put an asterisk on the results sheet of at least one event this weekend :wink:
I'm just here to ride...

-'15 Transition Scout
-'15 Trek Session 88
-'04 Santa Cruz Chameleon
mtbfree

Postby Jared13 » September 5th, 2019, 5:19 pm

Jared13

Postby DynoDon » September 6th, 2019, 7:12 am

The Boy's n Girls are getting WILD on the Downhill in practice... Today 5:20 pm Short Track racing, Kate Courtney is 73 points behind Yolanda Neff for the World Cup Championship 2019,, Last week Kate gave up her World Championship, she will wear those stripes on her kit forever, but to win this championship would be awesome,, she is great even if she doesn't win, thats our girl, USA USA USA !!!! Looks like great weather, great tracks, great racing in the USA...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9xcv6a09tE
DynoDon

Postby Jared13 » September 6th, 2019, 10:21 am

Gee Atherton's Preview:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3lLzcffyDw

It's fun to watch him ride the course after seeing the analysis. It gives a better sense of scale on some of the features.
Jared13

Postby Jared13 » September 6th, 2019, 10:33 am

DynoDon wrote:The Boy's n Girls are getting WILD on the Downhill in practice... Today 5:20 pm Short Track racing, Kate Courtney is 73 points behind Yolanda Neff for the World Cup Championship 2019,, Last week Kate gave up her World Championship, she will wear those stripes on her kit forever, but to win this championship would be awesome,, she is great even if she doesn't win, thats our girl, USA USA USA !!!! Looks like great weather, great tracks, great racing in the USA...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9xcv6a09tE

Watching Troy Brosnan pump through the section at 3:47 is a thing of beauty!
Jared13

Postby DynoDon » September 6th, 2019, 5:03 pm

WOW that Short Track Women's race was AMAZING... SUNDAY is the WAR for the Championship,,, great stuff... USA USA USA !!!!!
DynoDon

Postby mmba7349 » September 6th, 2019, 6:28 pm

Red Bull has the worst streaming tech I have ever tried to use. For as much cash they roll in they could probably hire someone to at least make it watchable. It's a buffering sob.
mmba7349

Postby DynoDon » September 7th, 2019, 6:55 am

mmba7349 wrote:Red Bull has the worst streaming tech I have ever tried to use. For as much cash they roll in they could probably hire someone to at least make it watchable. It's a buffering sob.

I've never had a problem with Red Bull TV...
DynoDon

Postby DynoDon » September 8th, 2019, 9:23 am

What a great Downhill race, the track was mean, Today at Noon is the final World Cup Cross Country,, Go Kate Courtney on home soil, only 20 points out of first place for the UCI World Cup Championship... USA USA USA,,, Men's race goes off at 2:30,, looks like a tough course, and lots of flat causing rocks.. Rock n Roll.... :icon_salut_us: :icon_salut_us: :icon_salut_us:
DynoDon

Postby DynoDon » September 9th, 2019, 4:50 am

What a race, both men's and women's Short Track, Downhill, and Cross Country races were great, on some great American tracks in West Virginia. The Fridays short track was hard fought for the women, and the men, with some of the women's laps actually faster then the men's laps, then on Saturday, Snowshoe had a Downhill track much different then the European tracks, longer rock runs, more pedaling, lots of technical sections, the fans were crazy, the riders rode like crazy, it was great racing, Sundays Cross Country races were on a rough, and ugly track that didn't have long downhills like in Europe, some good technical sections, and both mens, and womens races were decided in the same corner on the last lap, both with Motocross style block passes, stuffing the front wheel of the leader to take over the lead position,, great stuff.. The American tracks, riders, fans, all put together a race that won't soon be forgotten by anyone. USA, USA, USA !!!
DynoDon

Postby santaclausersolo » September 19th, 2019, 12:50 pm

mmba7349 wrote:Red Bull has the worst streaming tech I have ever tried to use. For as much cash they roll in they could probably hire someone to at least make it watchable. It's a buffering sob.

I've watched almost every red bull stream of the downhill races since freecaster stopped covering them and redbull took over back in 11/12/13 time frame....the buffer is your internet or your computer.
santaclausersolo

Postby santaclausersolo » September 19th, 2019, 12:51 pm

mtbfree wrote:
DynoDon wrote:I hope Dorian don't show up in Snowshoe... dry races would be nice......

It's Snowshoe, so regardless of what the forecast looks like, there's approximately 0.5% chance it will be dry all weekend... even without Dorian's influence. In order for a completely dry weekend at Snowshoe to occur, there must be perfect alignment of all planets in our solar system along with all of the chakra's of the Snowshoe trail-building crew, during a third-quarter waning moon while mercury is in retrograde.

I predict a pop-up thunderstorm will put an asterisk on the results sheet of at least one event this weekend :wink:

Blasphemy, some of the best weekends ever down there had not a drop of rain (though there were still plenty of muddy spots on the trails :lol: )
santaclausersolo

Postby mtbfree » September 19th, 2019, 2:18 pm

santaclausersolo wrote:
mtbfree wrote:

Blasphemy, some of the best weekends ever down there had not a drop of rain (though there were still plenty of muddy spots on the trails :lol: )

Shortly after I posted that, they got an unexpected rain-storm right before the first day of DH practice :wink:
I'll grant you that it didn't affect the outcome of the race, but I knew it would rain sometime during the weekend, haha.
I'm just here to ride...

-'15 Transition Scout
-'15 Trek Session 88
-'04 Santa Cruz Chameleon
mtbfree

Next

Return to General