Boyne riding

Everything related to mountain biking that's not covered in the forums below

Re: Boyne riding

Postby Ecruz » January 4th, 2021, 12:48 pm

Arctic601 wrote:Anyone whose rode Highlands feel a Giant Trance would do just fine on most of the downhill stuff unless your really trying to kill it on the jumps? I've only been once and it was several years ago, but I feel like a Trance or similar trail bike would do well here. I'm asking because I intend to buy a season pass this summer and I need a bike for riding, so I'm between a Giant Trance and a Giant Reign at this point. I know the Reign is better for parks, but I'm not going to be clearing 20' gaps, although I would like to go to Copper Harbor with it a time or two, but I've been saying that for years.

Thanks!

I think the Trance would probably be fine. Unless you're REALLY aggressive or if you're heavy and are really beating on the bike. I've ridden my Santa Cruz Superlight and Cannondale Scalpel there regularly, I weigh about 175lbs. I will say, I felt like extended use on either of those would probably not end well. I bought one of the rental bikes from Highlands, at the end of the season, specifically to use up there.
Ecruz

Postby Arctic601 » January 6th, 2021, 10:36 pm

Ecruz wrote:
Arctic601 wrote:Anyone whose rode Highlands feel a Giant Trance would do just fine on most of the downhill stuff unless your really trying to kill it on the jumps? I've only been once and it was several years ago, but I feel like a Trance or similar trail bike would do well here. I'm asking because I intend to buy a season pass this summer and I need a bike for riding, so I'm between a Giant Trance and a Giant Reign at this point. I know the Reign is better for parks, but I'm not going to be clearing 20' gaps, although I would like to go to Copper Harbor with it a time or two, but I've been saying that for years.

Thanks!

I think the Trance would probably be fine. Unless you're REALLY aggressive or if you're heavy and are really beating on the bike. I've ridden my Santa Cruz Superlight and Cannondale Scalpel there regularly, I weigh about 175lbs. I will say, I felt like extended use on either of those would probably not end well. I bought one of the rental bikes from Highlands, at the end of the season, specifically to use up there.

Which rental bikes was this? Was it the Giant Reigns they had (I think that's what they had)? Was this the end of this season by chance? I would have loved to have scored one of those rental bikes, but I had no idea they were changing them out.

Thanks for the input, I'm a light rider (140lbs) and finding a Enduro style bike in this area is pretty tough, I'm almost forced to buy from the East coast, West coast or British Columbia if I want a used bike.
Arctic601

Postby Ecruz » March 5th, 2021, 1:20 pm

Arctic601 wrote:
Ecruz wrote:

Thanks!

Which rental bikes was this? Was it the Giant Reigns they had (I think that's what they had)? Was this the end of this season by chance? I would have loved to have scored one of those rental bikes, but I had no idea they were changing them out.

Thanks for the input, I'm a light rider (140lbs) and finding a Enduro style bike in this area is pretty tough, I'm almost forced to buy from the East coast, West coast or British Columbia if I want a used bike.

Sorry, just saw this.

Yes, the end of this season. I bought 2 of the Rossignol branded bikes. Which to my understanding, are Felts.
Ecruz

Previous

Return to General