Looking for new ways to link routes

Everything related to mountain biking that's not covered in the forums below

Looking for new ways to link routes

Postby kaysee » December 4th, 2020, 2:09 pm

Looking for some new ways to link my routes together in the Plymouth, Northville, Novi area (and west of)

I can only ride the same thing so many times. I usually start in Northville/Plymouth and have done dirt roads going west, Hines going east, the 275 to M-5 and going north. I think I’ve exhausted the options available on google and Strava heat maps.

Really looking for something like a power line trail or something off the beaten path.

Curious if anyone has found anything like that around the area or anything you consider unique outside of these staples. But maybe they don’t exist in this area?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
kaysee

Re: Looking for new ways to link routes

Postby Hudnut » December 4th, 2020, 2:47 pm

head out to Milford/Commerce/Walled Lake the paved path, dirt, and singletrack are extensive
Don't worry. It's all downhill from here.
Hudnut

Postby ahopkins1988 » December 11th, 2020, 2:27 pm

Yeah, you can easily link Highland, Milford, Proud Lake, Hickory Glen, Island Lake, and even Treefarm with little to no roads and mainly single track with some pavement trails in between. Basically endless possibilities of trail combinations as Proud alone has about 4 different entry points.
--
Andrew

2021 Canyon Neuron 6, 2011 Trek Mamba 29er, 2003 Trek 4500
ahopkins1988

Postby DynoDon » December 12th, 2020, 8:42 am

From Whitmore Lake there is a new paved path going west, hooks up with Lakeland Trail in Hamburg, that will take you to Poto, using Kelly Rd on the west side of Pinckney, to Doyle rd, exit Poto at Boy Scout camp to DTE, use the Triple Trail Challenge map to find the north route on gravel for 7 miles to DTE, south route is Waterloo Trail not open to bikes except for TTC.. There are ways on some paved roads/gravel rds to get to Brighton Rec too from Lakeland Trail. Lakeland trail goes to Stockbridge, its part of the cross state trail, many parts under construction, in Stockbridge B2B is going to go south to DTE, Chelsea, Dexter, Ann Arbor, Ypsilanti, many parts finished, still in construction phases. B2B is suppose to hook up to Pinckney Lakeland Trail too. (there was a group cross state ride a few yrs back from Pt Huron to Grand Haven, many of those trails still under construction)
When was the first bicycle race?
When the second one was built !!!
DynoDon

Postby Dirtdevil » December 15th, 2020, 8:33 am

Have you ridden all of the Hines singletrack? You can create a multi-trail ride utilizing paved paths, singletrack, dirt roads to various trailheads--Hines/Northville (Legacy Trail), Maybury, Treefarm.
Dirtdevil

Return to General