Dog bite - Highland Rec - Please help

Everything related to mountain biking that's not covered in the forums below

Dog bite - Highland Rec - Please help

Postby bearzoo » September 4th, 2021, 7:08 pm

I attempted a run at Highland Rec area yesterday (9/3/2021) at approximately 4pm and was bit multiple times by a dog. The dog appeared to be a brown and white husky or husky mix. He was walking with a 20's ish African American male.

I know this is a long shot at best but I am hoping someone may be able to connect me with the owners. All I want is information on the dogs health and vaccination records. Nothing further. Doctors have recommended starting a rabies vaccination series on me if I cannot get the dogs information.

Please shoot me a message if you may be able to help.

Thank you.
bearzoo

Re: Dog bite - Highland Rec - Please help

Postby ihateplaindave » September 4th, 2021, 8:20 pm

Make sure you post this on FB.
ihateplaindave

Postby flamingo » September 24th, 2021, 7:39 am

Just saw the post. Few things aggravate me more than stray dogs and irresponsible owners. I have been chased few times while riding gravel roads. People might think that I am overacting but I have been contemplating carrying a small gun with me and shooting the SOBs when attacked. As far as I am concerned my flesh is more important than dog's life. I guess you could have also reported the incident to the DNR.
On another note. If the owner of the dog was african american then the dog must have been not brown and white but brown and caucasian. :wink:
Let's make 26ers great again!
flamingo

Postby Roy » September 26th, 2021, 8:21 am

B.zoo
I would not expect the owner of the dog's to come forward because the that dog will need to be quarantined, and maybe put down.
Your best bet is to call Animal Control in both Okland County (248-858-1090) and Highland twp.
And DNR.
Animal Control might have a history with that dog. If they do you might get lucky.
Your Doctor should have already made the official complaints.
Also call the Okland County health Department: they to might have a history with that dog.

You should have quickly returned to the parking lot and got the tag numbers of the cars parked.

If there is more to the story and there was a confrontation with the owner you should make a police report.
Request the police to look for the dog in the local area. It can't be far from the park, if walked in.
It is always good to be on record with your side of the story, especially after flamingo's comments.
Hire a privet eye if necessary. Don't do the detective work yourself - take a witness with you if you do.

By now the dog owner has probably relaxed and the dog is out in his yard and will bark at anybody who comes close. That is not an inside dog.

good luck
Roy

Return to General