Garmin Edge 510 Won't Sync With iPhone 7

Where to ask questions on riding skills, training, nutrition, and bike repair

Garmin Edge 510 Won't Sync With iPhone 7

Postby Happy2BRiding » November 17th, 2019, 8:28 am

I recently updated the Garmin Connect app (v4.25) on my iPhone 7 (iOS 13.2.2) and now for some reason my Edge 510 will not sync.

It connects via Bluetooth just fine so that is not the problem and I double checked to make sure I have Auto Upload turned on but still after every activity I get a sync failed message. I tried disconnecting "Forget this Device" in the Settings app on the phone and removing the device in the Garmin Connect app and running through the process of reconnecting it to both but that did not solve the issue.

Anyone else experiencing this problem or have any suggestions for how to fix it?

Edit: I just found this. I'll give it a go and see if it works.

https://support.garmin.com/en-US/?faq=9 ... asLarkUvH6
Happy2BRiding

Re: Garmin Edge 510 Won't Sync With iPhone 7

Postby The RideR » November 18th, 2019, 8:27 am

I'm not sure if that will help since I'm using Android phone, but every once in a while I have to erase my older rides from Garmin to be able to upload new ones via Connect. Try deleting 10-20 records and see if that solves the problem.
The RideR

Postby Happy2BRiding » November 18th, 2019, 12:19 pm

The RideR wrote:I'm not sure if that will help since I'm using Android phone, but every once in a while I have to erase my older rides from Garmin to be able to upload new ones via Connect. Try deleting 10-20 records and see if that solves the problem.

Good tip but I agree I don't think it will help with my issue. However I do find if I don't hook my device up to my computer every month or so and dump all the activity fit files to my hard drive I occasionally run into quirks with it either not saving my ride or the ride file getting corrupted. So I definitely do what you're suggesting on a fairly regular basis.

On another note I see Garmin has pushed out yet another app update (v4.25.1) for iOS overnight last night so I'll install that and see if it helps.
Happy2BRiding

Postby countryboy_mike » November 20th, 2019, 11:48 am

I had to delete my Garmin Connect App, unpair my phone then reload/pair everything. This happened after the last couple of software upgrades to the Iphone.
Always a singletrack mind
2015 Motobecane Ti Fly 29er custom build
2017 Motobecane Lurch Fat Bike
Team Hometown
countryboy_mike

Postby Happy2BRiding » November 24th, 2019, 9:44 am

Updating the Garmin Connect app to 4.25.1 solved the problem.
Happy2BRiding

Return to Tips, Training & Techniques