Refuge Bike Park

For all issues relating to technical trails, riding, and advocacy

Re: Refuge Bike Park

Postby pitchblackr1 » August 7th, 2014, 4:08 pm

I still haven't made it out there to clean the place up a bit. I have been very busy at work and riding other places. it's hard to turn down going for a ride for hard work instead. I am taking a 2 week mtb trip starting next week going to traverse city, boyne, marquette, copper harbor, and then up into canada for some fishing/local mtb trail. when I get back I will have to make a week that I go to the bike park to clean it up and remark the parts of the trails I know of. I will post what days I will be there once I know for sure so anyone willing to give me a hand or just want to meet up and ride for a bit can find me. I'm thinking I will spend a few days there and just throw up a hammock to sleep in. The way I see it the township can't get mad at me for camping in their park if I'm there to clean it up. I will make sure I bring some wasp spray so if I do run into that nest I can take care of it.
pitchblackr1

Postby J_Roon » May 8th, 2017, 9:42 am

Did I hear correctly that the Refuge Bike Park is no more?
Symbiote Cycleworks Getchyer weight back 'n' hang on
Cannondale Rush 600
Trek 29er
'10 Raleigh Talus 5.0
J_Roon

Postby TuRBo Todd » May 10th, 2018, 1:05 pm

Some time ago it was logged and for whatever reason, hasn't "opened." Haven't been there in years.
On 2 wheels, or thinking about them
TuRBo Todd

Postby TimTucker » November 14th, 2018, 5:00 pm

2016 photo from singletracks.com says it was closed by order of the Sheridan Township Charter Board:
https://www.singletracks.com/photo.php?p=114913

The webpage for the board doesn't look like it's been updated in a while -- it shows terms expiring in 2016:
http://www.sheridanchartertownship.com/ ... /index.php
TimTucker

Previous

Return to Freeride