a2 Enduo: The Summer Sessions SEPT 9 IT.IS.ON!

For all issues relating to technical trails, riding, and advocacy

Re: a2 Enduo: The Summer Sessions POSTPONED

Postby ColorVoyeur » August 12th, 2012, 8:14 pm

September 9th will be sweet. I'm marking the calendar.

Probably be Tuesday or Wednesday when I'll come to A2... waiting on parts from TreeFort. Riding chainless right now :) I'll keep you posted.
ColorVoyeur

Re: a2 Enduo: The Summer Sessions POSTPONED

Postby 300hp » August 12th, 2012, 9:04 pm

Solid copy. Night exams tues, wed, Morning exams thurs, Sun.

Oh, you should get a front brake for yourself while you're there :)
300hp

Re: a2 Enduo: The Summer Sessions SEPT 9 IT.IS.ON!

Postby ColorVoyeur » August 13th, 2012, 10:59 am

Looks like a couple of us are going to be out there Wednesday afternoon. Front brakes are for sissies.... who wants to slow down?
ColorVoyeur

Postby Bcar » August 17th, 2012, 10:09 am

in in in (wont let me post just 2 characters...) lol
A2 Local Loop TC
The Steeper the better...
If they call it Tourist Season, why can't we shoot them??
Bcar

Postby 231 » August 17th, 2012, 7:18 pm

I am down.

Postby raptorTC » August 19th, 2012, 10:19 pm

Should work for me. The last one was great and I'm sure this one will be a good time as well. I'll probably go all sissy girly man on Skeletor though, based on its reputation.
raptorTC

Postby Bcar » August 20th, 2012, 10:30 am

raptorTC wrote:Should work for me. The last one was great and I'm sure this one will be a good time as well. I'll probably go all sissy girly man on Skeletor though, based on its reputation.

its not that bad, just bad compared to what else we have in S. MI. I can ride the whole thing with only dabbing twice on a full rigid SS. could prob do it all if I didnt care about crashing anymore ;)
A2 Local Loop TC
The Steeper the better...
If they call it Tourist Season, why can't we shoot them??
Bcar

Postby 300hp » August 20th, 2012, 12:33 pm

seriously, it's only "tough" purely in perspective to the terrain around it. In some of the other areas I've ridden, terrain similar to, and more difficult than that section of trail is standard fare on intermediate cross country rides. Anywhere with rocky terrain (PA, NJ, NC) have CLIMBS like skeletor, and riders make it up and down them.

Again, the stage is totally 100% optional. I don't want ANYONE pushing themselves beyond their comfort zone. A group ride is not the place for that. If you are going to pressure yourself on a bike, do it when you have time you look, get off the bike, inspect, and evaluate what you are doing. I'm not saying it isn't difficult in perspective, but overall, it's nothing crazy. There are still 3-4 really fun flowy blasting stages that ANYONE can ride on any bike, given they have basic beginner bike handling skills.
300hp

Postby ArcticRobot » August 24th, 2012, 6:35 pm

September 9 is a go for me. Even if I don't fix my trail/AM/enduro bike by that time, I will still come on my DH rig.
Either push yourself, or go back to island lake. (c) iamkickstand
ArcticRobot

Postby irishpitbull » August 25th, 2012, 1:50 pm

In for a group ride. :wink:
irishpitbull

Postby ArcticRobot » August 25th, 2012, 4:34 pm

Oh, wait a sec. September 9 is Lions Tailgating at Eastern Market. My company is hosting big event over there for customers and I may be required to be there. I hope not, but most probably yes. Not cool.
Either push yourself, or go back to island lake. (c) iamkickstand
ArcticRobot

Postby sndmn2 » August 27th, 2012, 8:40 am

Where is this being held? I"d like to check this out. See one for myself. I"d like to watch one to asses my own skills first before attempting.
sndmn2

Postby 300hp » August 27th, 2012, 9:49 am

ArcticRobot wrote:Oh, wait a sec. September 9 is Lions Tailgating at Eastern Market. My company is hosting big event over there for customers and I may be required to be there. I hope not, but most probably yes. Not cool.

1. I've heard of your beast ways on the DH bike. I'm going to make you ride with a flat tire just to slow you down a bit.

2. Bikes are 94% more fun than watching people drink miller lite and talk about "stats" and whatever else football people do when they waste a sunday.
300hp

Postby mtbfree » August 27th, 2012, 10:18 am

300hp wrote:
ArcticRobot wrote:Oh, wait a sec. September 9 is Lions Tailgating at Eastern Market. My company is hosting big event over there for customers and I may be required to be there. I hope not, but most probably yes. Not cool.

1. I've heard of your beast ways on the DH bike. I'm going to make you ride with a flat tire just to slow you down a bit.

2. Bikes are 94% more fun than watching people drink miller lite and talk about "stats" and whatever else football people do when they waste a sunday.

+1 to all of the above... except I would put it more like 150% more fun than that.
I'm just here to ride...

-'15 Transition Scout
-'15 Trek Session 88
-'04 Santa Cruz Chameleon
mtbfree

Postby mtbfree » August 27th, 2012, 10:29 am

sndmn2 wrote:Where is this being held? I"d like to check this out. See one for myself. I"d like to watch one to asses my own skills first before attempting.

Meet-up is at Island Park in Ann Arbor... it comes up on google maps here. And remember, this isn't a real enduro, it's a group ride styled like an enduro. Nobody will laugh or jeer if you take each run slowly. Ride them at your own pace and just come have fun... Not to mention that in order to watch any of it, you'll have to come ride with us a little bit, since the stages are located all over A2, and since you'll already be on your bike, you might as well ride the enduro stages as well :wink:
Most of the trails that we'll be running stages on are just the downhill-ish parts of XC trails... nothing really difficult with the exception of the optional stage mentioned previously. The fun part is pushing yourself to ride each stage faster than you normally would on an XC loop, getting just a little bit out of your comfort zone and finding new life in the local trails.
I'm just here to ride...

-'15 Transition Scout
-'15 Trek Session 88
-'04 Santa Cruz Chameleon
mtbfree

PreviousNext

Return to Freeride