a2 Enduo: The Summer Sessions SEPT 9 IT.IS.ON!

For all issues relating to technical trails, riding, and advocacy

Re: a2 Enduo: The Summer Sessions SEPT 9 IT.IS.ON!

Postby mtbfree » September 7th, 2012, 2:03 pm

300hp wrote:I NEED STOPWATCHES. BRING ME STOPWATCHES.

There is one stage where you might want a full face. That stage happens end in the parking area where you will have your car parked. So, bring the full face and knee pads. We will do that stage first or last (riders choice) the more xc pedally stages are linked together, so throw the xc lid on for that.

In regards to bike, the pinner is perfect for one stage, and overkill for the rest. I'm riding a 150mm trail bike, which works great. Now, I understand you are a freak pedaller, so bring the downhill bike just to slow yourself down a bit :)

Seriously though, any bike you want, save one with a double crown fork, will be fun in some places and not as fun in others. All part of the game.

I gots a stopwatch. It's a little ghetto, but it works. Smartphones (or even some dumbphones) also have stopwatches on them.
I'm just here to ride...

-'15 Transition Scout
-'15 Trek Session 88
-'04 Santa Cruz Chameleon
mtbfree

Postby rvd » September 7th, 2012, 2:17 pm

The new Merrell trail in WeMi would be fantastic for an Enduro race/event.
rvd

Postby 300hp » September 7th, 2012, 3:47 pm

Just bring some plain old zubaz pant gym teacher stoppers, and we're golden. Rain in the forecast for tomorrow= awesome dirt sunday. BOOSH
300hp

Postby pongomoto » September 7th, 2012, 9:24 pm

Been promising and promising and promising my son that we'd go to the Stony Skillz Park and we finally picked a day.....this Sunday. Just surfed over here to see if anyone was going to be there this weekend but it appears all the fun is happening in A2.

Can't back out on the boy since he has been really looking forward to some Dad time alone riding and he is set on the Skillz Park because he knows you guys have worked on the pump track.....his favorite part.

So you all have fun in A2. We'll try and keep the dirt warm to the north. Pumped to see all the new lines....even though some of them are still way above my skill level.
pongomoto

Postby ArcticRobot » September 8th, 2012, 10:22 am

pongomoto wrote:Been promising and promising and promising my son that we'd go to the Stony Skillz Park and we finally picked a day.....this Sunday. Just surfed over here to see if anyone was going to be there this weekend but it appears all the fun is happening in A2.

Can't back out on the boy since he has been really looking forward to some Dad time alone riding and he is set on the Skillz Park because he knows you guys have worked on the pump track.....his favorite part.

So you all have fun in A2. We'll try and keep the dirt warm to the north. Pumped to see all the new lines....even though some of them are still way above my skill level.

I'm going to Stoney Skillz park today in a few hours. And about pump track - there is really really nice one at Tree Farm in Novi. That one is awesome and I'm planning to hit it regularly.
Either push yourself, or go back to island lake. (c) iamkickstand
ArcticRobot

Postby ColorVoyeur » September 8th, 2012, 10:45 am

Still a long ways to go on the Tree Farm pumptrack.
Now that we're getting lower temps and hopefully some water, I should be able to finish my revisions.
If you like spending time out there, let me know when you'll be there and I'll be happy to dig and shred with you.
ColorVoyeur

Postby ArcticRobot » September 8th, 2012, 5:58 pm

ColorVoyeur wrote:Still a long ways to go on the Tree Farm pumptrack.
Now that we're getting lower temps and hopefully some water, I should be able to finish my revisions.
If you like spending time out there, let me know when you'll be there and I'll be happy to dig and shred with you.

Hit Bloomer today first. That place got some proper downhill sections. Short, but gnarly and fun. Switchback is awesome as well. I should hit that place more often with fullface and pads.
Then at Stoney had some real fun jumping that new jump of theirs) My bike is kind of heavy for the rest of the jumps out there, but perfect for this one:
ArcticRobot

Postby ArcticRobot » September 8th, 2012, 8:52 pm

I will be driving from Waterford tomorrow, and can carpool with one more person. PM me if interested.
ArcticRobot

Postby ArcticRobot » September 8th, 2012, 8:56 pm

Guys, it was pleasure.
ArcticRobot

Postby mtbfree » September 9th, 2012, 8:13 pm

For sure... Great time today, everyone. I'll be sure to post up some video in the next few days if I can find time to edit and upload.
I'm just here to ride...

-'15 Transition Scout
-'15 Trek Session 88
-'04 Santa Cruz Chameleon
mtbfree

Postby ArcticRobot » September 9th, 2012, 9:19 pm

Guys, I have a suggestion if I may. Lets upload all of the raw unedited video footage and pictures to some online storage like dropbox, share the links here so then any one of us can edit it. There is bigger chance in creating some really cool videos this way.
ArcticRobot

Postby 231 » September 9th, 2012, 10:08 pm

Hey man, hook me up with the dropbox link and I will get that stuff up man. Got some pretty cool footage.

[edit] I am adding the video to my db right now. I will get you the share link in a bit.

Postby ColorVoyeur » September 9th, 2012, 11:02 pm

Big thanks to Hunter and everyone else that helped run this show!

Had a great time as always!

http://imgur.com/a/xeclx#0
ColorVoyeur

Postby ArcticRobot » September 10th, 2012, 7:42 am

231 wrote:Hey man, hook me up with the dropbox link and I will get that stuff up man. Got some pretty cool footage.

[edit] I am adding the video to my db right now. I will get you the share link in a bit.

I will upload my footage to db today and post the link as well.
ArcticRobot

Postby Bcar » September 10th, 2012, 3:08 pm

a wee bit of vid, quick-n-dirty edit.
great times as always. next time we should do a night ride enduro, less window licking hikers out :P cause I know we're not getting up early to do one :wink:
mount came slightly loose early on so its a bit shaky.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTOiiU6H ... e=youtu.be

EDIT:
grr, :evil: youtube did the auto vibration reduction, I just removed it so it wont look worse...
A2 Local Loop TC
The Steeper the better...
If they call it Tourist Season, why can't we shoot them??
Bcar

PreviousNext

Return to Freeride