Northville Psyc Hospital Demo - Trail??

MMBA trail access, advocacy, and related news (non-IMBA Chapter Topics)

Northville Psyc Hospital Demo - Trail??

Postby DRC » April 30th, 2018, 12:21 pm

As a Northville resident, I have read several times over the past several years that the Psyc hospital site will become park area eventually.
As a mountain biker, I have heard there was a new trail planned if and when the Psyc property ever became park.
I included a link to the most recent article - the structures are coming down but I'm not sure what's next.

https://www.hometownlife.com/story/news/local/northville/2018/04/26/demolition-process-starts-long-vacated-northville-psychiatric-hospital/555358002/

Does anyone know if there is proposal floating for a trail?
DRC

Re: Northville Psyc Hospital Demo - Trail??

Postby Loren » April 30th, 2018, 1:42 pm

See viewtopic.php?f=45&t=106978 for master plans and a lot more context.

tl;dr; Yeah, a trail is in the master plan and we've offered to build it, but no one's allowed on property until everything is cleaned up and safe.
Loren

Postby scat silvurz » April 5th, 2019, 12:20 pm

Here's the latest update. Northville Township is moving in a positive direction. Keep your fingers crossed. And keep looking here for the first trail day announcement......

https://www.hometownlife.com/story/news/local/northville/2019/04/04/trails-coming-psychiatric-hospital-site-northville-township/3292302002/
Five fingers, three chords, and one *beep*.....!
scat silvurz

Postby b_b » April 5th, 2019, 1:24 pm

Nice. Thanks for the update and your LONG dedication to get this going. What is your estimate for trail miles? Looking forward to combining this with Maybury and maybe Hines too. I'm in Livonia a few miles away.
b_b

Return to Advocacy