MCMBA: Maybury

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: MCMBA: Maybury

Postby chisbang » February 4th, 2019, 2:55 pm

Any help grooming would be appreciated. Contact me me through this forum. We're just getting started on this program and learning as we go along.
Don Chisholm
McMBA Trail Coordinator Maybury State Park
Maybury Hermit; keeping an eye on the trail.
chisbang

Postby b_b » February 6th, 2019, 4:45 pm

I doubt grooming is a concern now. Have to love SEMI (not) - freeze - snow- warm - melt - rain - freeze - ice. Ugh.
b_b

Postby Boogs182 » February 11th, 2019, 11:25 am

Hi Don - I will help as needed (248) 496 2164 - i have snowshoes trail in last as a manual groom and am close to the park. Hopefully we will get a couple chances yet this year
Boogs182

Postby chisbang » February 11th, 2019, 4:49 pm

Boogs182 wrote:Hi Don - I will help as needed (248) 496 2164 - i have snowshoes trail in last as a manual groom and am close to the park. Hopefully we will get a couple chances yet this year

Thanks
Don Chisholm
chisbang

Postby c0nsumer » February 11th, 2019, 5:08 pm

How'd the SnowDog go for you? We had to remove the side plates to get ours to move through deep snow, but it turned out this was necessary anyway to fit well between trees. After that it worked well.
Steve Vigneau
CRAMBA-IMBA Treasurer

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer

Postby chisbang » February 11th, 2019, 9:10 pm

c0nsumer wrote:How'd the SnowDog go for you? We had to remove the side plates to get ours to move through deep snow, but it turned out this was necessary anyway to fit well between trees. After that it worked well.

Took off our side plates too. It worked well. Not much chance to use it. Steve, I've been trying to reach you through the PM system of this forum and can't. Ping me at chisbang(at)gmail.com so we can establish contact.
DC
Don Chisholm
chisbang

Postby c0nsumer » February 11th, 2019, 9:54 pm

chisbang wrote:
c0nsumer wrote:How'd the SnowDog go for you? We had to remove the side plates to get ours to move through deep snow, but it turned out this was necessary anyway to fit well between trees. After that it worked well.

Took off our side plates too. It worked well. Not much chance to use it. Steve, I've been trying to reach you through the PM system of this forum and can't. Ping me at chisbang(at)gmail.com so we can establish contact.
DC

steve@nuxx.net is me.

What's not working about PMs? I've got nothing in my Inbox.
Steve Vigneau
CRAMBA-IMBA Treasurer

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer

Postby davidguetta402 » February 19th, 2019, 5:46 am

There Were Also Many Areas That Were Rough Frozen Slush And Footprint Laden Crusty Snow Under A Couple Inches Of Fresh Powder.

Postby chisbang » February 22nd, 2019, 10:03 am

The Michigan Department of Natural Resources is inviting people to provide input on a draft general management plan that will guide the future of Maybury State Park (Northville Township) in Wayne County. The DNR will host a public input meeting Tuesday, March 5, from 6 to 8 p.m. at the Northville Community Center banquet room, 303 W. Main St. in Northville.
In addition to the online survey we participated in last year, this is an opportunity to make your voices heard in person.
Don Chisholm
chisbang

Postby Wingo » February 22nd, 2019, 10:24 am

chisbang wrote:The Michigan Department of Natural Resources is inviting people to provide input on a draft general management plan that will guide the future of Maybury State Park (Northville Township) in Wayne County. The DNR will host a public input meeting Tuesday, March 5, from 6 to 8 p.m. at the Northville Community Center banquet room, 303 W. Main St. in Northville.
In addition to the online survey we participated in last year, this is an opportunity to make your voices heard in person.

Is there somewhere we can view the plan prior?
Wingo

Postby chisbang » February 22nd, 2019, 11:24 am

Wingo wrote:
chisbang wrote:The Michigan Department of Natural Resources is inviting people to provide input on a draft general management plan that will guide the future of Maybury State Park (Northville Township) in Wayne County. The DNR will host a public input meeting Tuesday, March 5, from 6 to 8 p.m. at the Northville Community Center banquet room, 303 W. Main St. in Northville.

Is there somewhere we can view the plan prior?

http://bria2.net/mdnr-gmp/wp-content/up ... .02.08.pdf
Don Chisholm
chisbang

Postby Roy » February 23rd, 2019, 9:07 am

I did not read the whole plan, but two things pop out.
* 1, Rick Synder this Rick Synder that - you know that all is going to be rewritten and maybe not to the better.
*2, No more new trail miles, - expect to fight to maintain status quo

So, read that plan and find the landmines for future Mountain Bike trails.
Expect the flavor of the plan to change very soon. (Rick is gone)

Roy
Roy

Postby 2Old2BFast » February 24th, 2019, 11:19 pm

Mountain Biking is the number one activity which most influences peoples' choice to visit Maybury. p. B-20. Yet,
In general, with the exception of connections to the regional non-motorized trail network, new trails that increase the overall mileage in the park will not be considered.
p. 25.

On the other hand, 0.28% of people come primarily for Shelter/Pavilion Rental. But guess what? Part of the 10 Year Action Plan is to
Install electric service at one or more park shelters.

I suggest you come and make your voices heard.
2Old2BFast

Postby b_b » February 25th, 2019, 8:33 pm

While I’d love more trail I think Maybury is already very trail dense with hike, bike, paved, and horse trail.
b_b

Postby Happy2BRiding » February 26th, 2019, 6:51 am

b_b wrote:While I’d love more trail I think Maybury is already very trail dense with hike, bike, paved, and horse trail.

For the most part I agree. The one thing I do think would be nice is if we could get approved use of the horse trail or approval to cut a dedicated bike trail coming into the park from Napier Rd.
Happy2BRiding

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions