Poto: Potawatomi

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Poto: Potawatomi

Postby DynoDon » May 14th, 2019, 3:01 pm

Rode Poto today, Goslin loop had some mud, very little on the main loop, no trees down, great day for a ride.
When was the first bicycle race?
When the second one was built !!!
DynoDon

Postby rcab23 » May 15th, 2019, 7:38 am

amazing day for poto yesterday
rcab23

Postby kaysee » June 13th, 2019, 6:50 pm

How much rain did the area get today? Enough to make Friday a no go? It certainly was by my area but curious about the Pinckney area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
kaysee

Postby DynoDon » June 22nd, 2019, 6:59 pm

I rode Poto after I did all the loops at DTE today,, there was mud in the usual places, not real bad, but it was there, I didn't do Goslin section, I was told there are 4 trees down on Crooked Lake loop...
Poto got some money to put into the trail, I told 'em, "Make it back into a Single Track", everyone I've talked to agreed...
DynoDon

Postby zweiner14 » June 30th, 2019, 2:08 pm

Big tree (20" or larger diameter) fell across trail last night. 2 miles in at the top of the hill before the rock garden.

Trail's perfect otherwise!
zweiner14

Postby DynoDon » July 2nd, 2019, 11:07 am

Poto got heavy rain around 10 am today, the big tree is still down at Flat Top Rock, the trail was ok before the storm, some slimmy spots, especially on Goslin Loop, a lot of the mud puddles are now mud holes, what a mess.. it looks like people were riding through the puddles, but now they are deep holes, lots of ruts too, and that was before the rain. I was just jumping into Pickerel Lake when the rain started, it was a lot of rain..
DynoDon

Postby DynoDon » July 15th, 2019, 1:41 pm

Poto was sandy in the worst spots, dry, fast in others, some leftover trail damage from the mud, a small tree across the trail, just after the Crooked Lake conecction, around the 15 yard stick, it can be ridden over, other than that Poto is good to go.

Crooked Lake trail has 3 big trees down, 2 down next to each other between the two bridges that look over Pickeral Lake, the other one is about 1/2 mile west of those trees, chain saw will work best.. sand wasn't too bad on Crooked, it doesn't seem to be getting much bike use these days, its still a great trail..
DynoDon

Postby 93tankus » July 18th, 2019, 8:54 am

Rode trail last night. Couple of large trees down that would require chainsaw. One was just towards the bottom of the sandy hill climb before the shortcut. The second was a couple miles after the shortcut intersection, just shy of the long fence portion with the U-M property.

Thanks so much in advance for the trail work!
93tankus

Previous

Return to Trail Conditions