Poto: DTE Energy Foundation Trail (Waterloo)

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Poto: DTE Energy Foundation Trail (Waterloo)

Postby crustaceous_flora » May 6th, 2019, 2:44 pm

DynoDon wrote:Trails were all good today, theres a cut off for the sugar loop, but its not there yet, they did start work on it a few days ago, looks like we have to wait until August...

Is it going to be another machine cut flow trail? Because someone told me at DTE yesterday that the Sugar loop is going to be more "technical" along the lines of Highland, but I haven't heard anything else about that.
crustaceous_flora

Postby Mikeyb64 » May 6th, 2019, 2:46 pm

Sugar will be machine cut flow just like Big Kame and Winn
Mikeyb64

Postby DynoDon » May 6th, 2019, 2:58 pm

I heard it was going to be shorter, with more technical stuff, they have some good stuff to work with there, but we'll have to wait, and see, I sure hope its not more of the same. We need some black diamond trails, but then people go out, and alter them, they like easy flow, two way stuff, just wait until the roots, and rocks start coming up at DTE, the do it yourselfer will attack. Highland was smooth at one time, I'm glad the do it youselfers don't like Highland.
We don't die from playing with bikes,
We die when we stop playing with bikes...
DynoDon

Postby DynoDon » May 8th, 2019, 3:42 pm

I was back out today, only one mud puddle, I can't remember which loop it was on, I only seen one puddle, and the new Feature on Green (Green Wave) is just past the 1 yard stick going clockwise.. I didn't do it again, I'm old I don't mind healing, I just don't like to get hurt... looks like fun, IF you have the skills/desire, and like to ride skinnies/jump.. good stuff, maybe next time....
DynoDon

Postby Mikeyb64 » May 11th, 2019, 6:34 pm

DynoDon wrote:I was back out today, only one mud puddle, I can't remember which loop it was on, I only seen one puddle, and the new Feature on Green (Green Wave) is just past the 1 yard stick going clockwise.. I didn't do it again, I'm old I don't mind healing, I just don't like to get hurt... looks like fun, IF you have the skills/desire, and like to ride skinnies/jump.. good stuff, maybe next time....

Hey Don. Nice chatting with you today.
-Mike
Mikeyb64

Postby DynoDon » May 16th, 2019, 5:01 pm

What is it with these people that ride the trail in the wrong direction, there were plenty of them out there today, I told them, and they really did't care, one guy turned arount, THANK YOU,, but all you have to do is read the sign, but it says counter clockwise, and clockwise, these IDIOTS have digital watches, grew up with digital clocks, they haven't got the common senc\se to figure it out, ask them when quarter to three is, and thay will tell you 25 minutes to three, these people are IDIOTS, I don't know if there is a way to communicate with them, that they will understand. This two way trail set up is not working out so well, is it going to take a few bad accidents to fix it ? There are some places in the trail a wrong way IDIOT could cauxe a life changing accident, I don't want to see me, or you in a wheelchair, or dead, because some IDIOT has no consideration, or common sense.
DynoDon

Postby DynoDon » May 31st, 2019, 3:55 pm

DTE was all good today, a little mud, very little water, all trails were good, a log down at the 5 mile marker on Winn, loose logs in place to get over it, at least nobody going backwards when I was there today,, I'm still looking for my stamina, not sure where I lost it, but I found some of it today, off the bike for a few weeks with cataract surgery, 2nd eye Tuesday, at least I had one good eye today, big improvemant.. I'll be off a few more weeks, then I can go back to finding my stamina, if you happen to find some of it keep it, I'll get more..
DynoDon

Postby DynoDon » June 2nd, 2019, 4:03 pm

Trails were all good today, no widden of trail going on, no reason to, not much mud or water, I can't believe how good this trail holds up, must be they way they built it, you think? Nobody going backwards today, a lot of people on bikes, some hiking, great day for a ride, I only rode 20 miles today.
DynoDon

Postby BLOOMIS914 » June 9th, 2019, 12:55 pm

Big Kame and Winn were perfect on Sat 6/8. New Sugar loop is being cut in now and promises to be a great addition to the best trails in SE Mich. Surprised more people don’t post here for DTE.
"Speed doesn't kill, it is the sudden stop that gets you"
BLOOMIS914

Postby DynoDon » June 12th, 2019, 5:07 pm

Only 4 people in one group going the wrong way today, 2 of us just left Winn loop when we almost got to the downhill rock gardens, we met 4 bikes with lame excuses, but we all survived, a couple minutes faster for either group could have been pretty ugly,, so the flow is better in that direction they just want to ride it that way no matter what. They have an ID ten T problem. Its not IF a bad accident happens, ITS when will it happen. That was close today.
The trails couldn't be much better, I rode my gravel bike on all loops, Kwami was the only one that present problems, I'll be glad when my shock gets back, I miss the Epic,, I've got to say the I like the Gravel bike better than my Fat bike, if I can't ride the Epic..
DynoDon

Previous

Return to Trail Conditions