CRAMBA: River Bends

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: CRAMBA: River Bends

Postby c0nsumer » October 16th, 2019, 3:25 pm

Personally, I like rollers that are a bit longer and more of a hump that can also be jumped, as opposed to a /\ shape. At the same height they tend to be less abrupt and less likely to kick someone over the bars.
Steve Vigneau
CRAMBA-IMBA Treasurer

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer

Postby Roy » October 27th, 2019, 4:12 pm

Mt. Biking is all about matching your speed to your skill.
Sometimes you learn the hard way, and sometimes that lesson really hurts.
If you can finish the ride, all is good.

So who wants to rant on Wood Piles. Ha Ha
Roy

Postby wrob » October 28th, 2019, 11:22 am

Trail still in great shape, i cleared those 2 small trees that were laying across the BTTT.
wrob

Postby wrob » January 1st, 2020, 4:52 pm

I cleared the fallen tree on the CK loop and Dave & I cleared the trees blocking the Dragstrip.
wrob

Postby c0nsumer » January 1st, 2020, 5:12 pm

wrob wrote:I cleared the fallen tree on the CK loop and Dave & I cleared the trees blocking the Dragstrip.

Thanks for clearing those, Rob!
Steve Vigneau
CRAMBA-IMBA Treasurer

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer

Postby stuckMTB » January 16th, 2020, 10:48 am

Likely riding RB after work tonight around 6pm. Anybody else heading out?
stuckMTB

Postby wrob » January 19th, 2020, 5:43 pm

I cleared that fallen tree after #6; if i'm able to, i'll bridge that mud puddle on the CK near the south tower if i can find some fallen timber to cut over there.
wrob

Postby c0nsumer » January 20th, 2020, 7:20 am

wrob wrote:I cleared that fallen tree after #6; if i'm able to, i'll bridge that mud puddle on the CK near the south tower if i can find some fallen timber to cut over there.

There's a culvert for it sitting at the paved path. Just need to get some folks together to carry it in. Probably six people could get it in there in about 20 minutes.
Steve Vigneau
CRAMBA-IMBA Treasurer

c0nsumer

Postby wrob » February 27th, 2020, 2:35 pm

It's very rideable overall, thank you Lisa, Mark,(and anyone else) for the fat bike groom in that powder yesterday, there's lots of wind blown snow covering the trail, i think a Sno Dog groom would help out and hopefully there will be good riding conditions for the weekend riders.
wrob

Postby wrob » February 28th, 2020, 3:32 pm

It's really nice out here right now, the SBR is beautifully groomed, #2 to #6 is fat bike groomed & good to go , i went back and forth several times thru the wind blown snow under the power lines, then more fat bikes rode it , and on my second lap it was setting up nicely, i cut those low hanging limbs along the canal on the Red loop.
wrob

Postby PK » March 1st, 2020, 11:50 am

Frozen solid Sunday AM until about 10:00
Too soft now.
Pete
PK

Postby Trance » March 15th, 2020, 4:15 pm

It was great on Friday, skinny, fat, whatever. Go do it. I rode Stoney today, great there also.
Trance

Postby Brandon4508 » March 17th, 2020, 8:32 pm

Trance wrote:It was great on Friday, skinny, fat, whatever. Go do it. I rode Stoney today, great there also.

Sweet. I'm thinking of hitting river bends tomorrow! Just getting back into mtb after a few years spent getting fat. Looking forward to getting lost since I'm sure there are new trails since 2014 when I was there last
Brandon4508

Postby wrob » March 24th, 2020, 10:17 am

For today, right now, i'm gonna say ride, i'm only at #5, i'm on fat, it's a bit greasy, just back off a bit and enjoy the ride, you won't hurt the trail, get out , use social distancing .....i'll update after my lap if necessary. ......UPDATE: the muddy spot after #13 and the dirt rollers is passable for now but will get worse with coming rains,NOTE:my "post" project on the blue didn't turn out as "cool" as i thought it would be, it will be fixed with a chainsaw or made horizontal in the future.
wrob

Postby wrob » March 31st, 2020, 2:03 pm

It's muddy right now from theT.H. thru #5 and also the BTTT ( #12 to #14), i recommend avoiding ,i added some logs from my stockpile in the mud at the end of the log feature past #3, the ditch i dug along Steep Grade was breached by the latest rainfall, i'll go back out and work on that.
wrob

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions