Poto: DTE Energy Foundation Trail (Waterloo)

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Poto: DTE Energy Foundation Trail (Waterloo)

Postby CTB » October 17th, 2019, 11:03 am

I finally was able to ride the new Sugar Loop; been sick all summer, but now I can ride. Big thanks to everyone involved in building this (and all the other) loops! I really enjoyed it, and I really like how many options have been created. I took the "chicken line" each time since I'm just getting back on the bike, but all the harder options give me something to shoot for in the future.

Great conditions, great layout, a bit challenging at times but in the right/good/fun way, fun signs to name the events, etc. Great job, I'm looking forward to when I'm in shape enough to string together BK, Winn, and Sugar. Right now, Winn and Sugar were as much as I had in the tank. :)

I just wanted to take the time to thank everyone who helped make this great new place.
CTB

Postby DynoDon » October 17th, 2019, 11:34 am

CTB wrote:I finally was able to ride the new Sugar Loop; been sick all summer, but now I can ride. Big thanks to everyone involved in building this (and all the other) loops! I really enjoyed it, and I really like how many options have been created. I took the "chicken line" each time since I'm just getting back on the bike, but all the harder options give me something to shoot for in the future.

Great conditions, great layout, a bit challenging at times but in the right/good/fun way, fun signs to name the events, etc. Great job, I'm looking forward to when I'm in shape enough to string together BK, Winn, and Sugar. Right now, Winn and Sugar were as much as I had in the tank. :)

I just wanted to take the time to thank everyone who helped make this great new place.

Good luck with getting back to it, it'll be worth the hard work it takes, you commented on the names of the features, when I pass the sign, Over Under Sideways Down, it makes me wonder if the name, Over Under Sideways Down came from the Yardbirds great song/album, but then it had to, it was the name of their 1966 Album, and great song, I thought I was the only one that remembered that song, I seen the Yardbirds in 67 at the Grande Ballroom in Detroit, Jimmy Page (before Led Zeppelin) was playing guitar when I seen them, Jeff Beck was the original guitarist on the song. I'm singing it everytime I get on Sugar, its stuck in my head..LOL.. Enjoy it link is below..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEJrMFp-D40
When was the first bicycle race?
When the second one was built !!!
DynoDon

Postby jajones » October 17th, 2019, 12:30 pm

We certainly think folks should interpret the names as it please them.

That said, "The Upside Down" was named after "The Upside Down" world in the Netflix series Stranger Things for a number of reasons, not the least of which is the fallen tree stump at the base of The Upside Down, which resembles a Demogorgon. Of course, it is also the "upside" down of Sugar Loop, is very scary and the Stranger Things reference also takes into account the "kids biking in the woods" which plays a big role in that show.

So, that is why in a nutshell.

Demogorgon....

https://cnet1.cbsistatic.com/img/wMDkRm ... -41-am.png
Jason Aric Jones, Chair
DTE Energy Foundation Trail Committee, operating under the Potawatomi Mountain Biking Association
Advocacy Committee, Michigan Mountain Biking Association (MMBA)
Board Member, Potawatomi Mountain Biking Association (PMBA)
jajones

Postby BLOOMIS914 » November 9th, 2019, 7:44 pm

Anyone have any trail updates For DTE trail from yesterday 11/8 or today / Sat 11/9? where is the best place to find recent updates?
BLOOMIS914

Postby c0nsumer » November 9th, 2019, 8:30 pm

BLOOMIS914 wrote:Anyone have any trail updates For DTE trail from yesterday 11/8 or today / Sat 11/9? where is the best place to find recent updates?

Facebook, on the DTE Energy Foundation Trail page.
Steve Vigneau
CRAMBA-IMBA Treasurer

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer

Postby DynoDon » November 14th, 2019, 2:48 pm

I rode DTE today, Green loop is the only trail groomed, the little snow we got made it great this morning, on the second lap the ice starting to show up in the corners. Overall a great day for a ride.
DynoDon

Postby DynoDon » November 20th, 2019, 7:02 am

DTE trails are all closed for hunting... parking lots are open for hunters , trails are closed to bikes..
DynoDon

Postby c0nsumer » November 20th, 2019, 10:02 am

DynoDon wrote:DTE trails are all closed for hunting... parking lots are open for hunters , trails are closed to bikes..

This is not quite right. The trails are closed to bikes because of conditions. But, the area does NOT close to hunters. It is not closed specifically because of or for hunting.
Steve Vigneau
CRAMBA-IMBA Treasurer

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer

DTE Open ??

Postby Chippewa93 » November 23rd, 2019, 12:11 pm

Does anybody know if DTE is open to ride Sunday morning?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
" Life is what happens when your making plans " - John Lennon
Chippewa93

Re: DTE Open ??

Postby Chris K » November 23rd, 2019, 4:29 pm

https://www.facebook.com/dtetrail/

Trail updates are posted on FB above. Looks like they reopened it this afternoon.
Chris K

Postby DynoDon » November 23rd, 2019, 4:45 pm

DTE Energy Foundation Trail

Update: Saturday November 23rd:

Trail was inspected this afternoon and deemed suitable enough for use. It will reopen by 4:30pm today. Enjoy!
DynoDon

Postby WICCMB » November 25th, 2019, 10:28 am

A group of us rode at noon-2pm on Sunday. While most of the trail was dry and varied from dirt to heavy leaf base, there were significant sections of "grease" that made riding the trail pretty sketchy. Some spots were in expected locations (south facing open areas) while others were in unexpected spots (turns, berms etc).

While the trail is open, use caution until the trails dries out more.
WICCMB
Administrator

Postby DynoDon » November 29th, 2019, 3:08 pm

Rode all but Green, lots of sticks to kick, trails were in good condition, I heard the chainsaw, but didn't get to thank the user of it, so THANX, you ROCK...!!!!
DynoDon

Postby BLOOMIS914 » Yesterday, 1:48 pm

Is DTE open this weekend? Last post of Facecrook showed 12/5 and open. I want to head out on Sunday 12/8 and want to be sure to respect frost/freeze / thaw conditions/closings. Please advise status. I am not on Facebook so navigating is difficult with their sign up pop ups every 8 secs
BLOOMIS914

Postby DynoDon » Yesterday, 2:50 pm

I just got back from DTE its in great shape today, but it never got above 32f...lots of leaves down, when it warms up the earlier the better...
DynoDon

Previous

Return to Trail Conditions