CRAMBA: Stony Creek

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: CRAMBA: Stony Creek

Postby PK » September 27th, 2021, 5:44 pm

A big "Thanks" goes out to the Guinness Bikers.

As the consistently. most organized bike club out on this trail, they again cleared a number of fallen trees Sunday during their weekly Sunday afternoon rides.
I haven't kept track but I bet they've cleared dozens of fallen trees that other riders simply rode past this year alone.
Keep up the good work!
Pete.
PK

Postby Dark-Fx » September 28th, 2021, 12:50 pm

Pete,

As the former Trail coordinator for Stony Creek, I'm a bit surprised you are so quick to give props to an organization who hasn't been given explicit permission to do work on the trail to the extent that they had done so.

I am not going to go into details beyond that statement.

-Brian
Unless otherwise stated my posts and comments are my own and not representative of any group.
Dark-Fx

Postby RMXByker » October 4th, 2021, 9:21 am

Just a side note Pete, potentially a lot of us riders are riding around the trees because they are large enough to require a chainsaw. As such, I'm well aware I'm not allowed to bring a chainsaw into a Metropark and deal with it it. I've removed countless branches, debris and manageable material on the trails as well, but careful saying a lot of us riders are simply ignoring things (slightly hinting to where Brain was going I believe)...
http://www.BoughnerRacing.com

Stable
2015 Specialized S-Works Epic World Cup
RMXByker

Postby PK » October 4th, 2021, 9:34 am

Nope.
I totally get it with the Chainsaw aspect.
My point was about the times I would see a rider go around a fallen tree, or when I would see a report of a fallen tree and I would head out there only to find out it could simply be dragged off the trail.
Many folks simply want to ride and some like to build / fix and ride.
It's all good.

Pete.
PK

Postby steveracer » November 22nd, 2021, 2:22 pm

Rode the new Stoney for the first time on Saturday. While I may miss some old sections, the 14 miles that I did ride I thoroughly enjoyed and will be back to ride some more.

How can a trail seem to be all down hill or relative flat with one or two climbs ?

Nice job workers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hope is not a good strategy.
steveracer

Previous

Return to Trail Conditions