NMMBA: VASA Singletrack

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: NMMBA: VASA Singletrack

Postby c0nsumer » July 14th, 2017, 10:38 pm

jreyst wrote:Rode here for the first time today. A relatively easy and fast trail at least until about marker 11-12 when my cassette busticated on me and forced a bail out to 2-track :( Hoping a local bike shop has a 10-speed cassette in stock since I'm only here for the weekend :(

There's a bunch of good shops in Traverse. I'd be surprised if one of them can't hook you up.
Steve Vigneau

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer

Postby bluebiker » September 4th, 2017, 8:54 pm

Anyone know about the trail work going on now? Major re-routing and chainsaws going on over the last few days.
bluebiker

Postby mrbikester » July 9th, 2018, 6:00 am

My wife and I rode this trail on Saturday and we haven't been here since last year early July. Lots of new reroutes which eliminated a lot of real sandy and rooty areas. Great job ! Only one real climb with switchbacks and a small rooty area at about 12 1/2 mile mark. This trail flows really nice with about 15 miles is a great trail to ride. If you are in Traverse City area this trail is a must.
mrbikester

Postby Steve_Balogh » November 16th, 2019, 1:16 pm

After marker 12 it appears everyone got confused and cut across the open section. Once I figured out what happened I broke fresh snow and completed that section. Trail is pretty solid.
Steve_Balogh

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions