NMMBA: VASA Singletrack

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: NMMBA: VASA Singletrack

Postby c0nsumer » July 14th, 2017, 10:38 pm

jreyst wrote:Rode here for the first time today. A relatively easy and fast trail at least until about marker 11-12 when my cassette busticated on me and forced a bail out to 2-track :( Hoping a local bike shop has a 10-speed cassette in stock since I'm only here for the weekend :(

There's a bunch of good shops in Traverse. I'd be surprised if one of them can't hook you up.
Steve Vigneau
CRAMBA-IMBA Treasurer

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer

Postby bluebiker » September 4th, 2017, 8:54 pm

Anyone know about the trail work going on now? Major re-routing and chainsaws going on over the last few days.
bluebiker

Postby mrbikester » July 9th, 2018, 6:00 am

My wife and I rode this trail on Saturday and we haven't been here since last year early July. Lots of new reroutes which eliminated a lot of real sandy and rooty areas. Great job ! Only one real climb with switchbacks and a small rooty area at about 12 1/2 mile mark. This trail flows really nice with about 15 miles is a great trail to ride. If you are in Traverse City area this trail is a must.
mrbikester

Postby Steve_Balogh » November 16th, 2019, 1:16 pm

After marker 12 it appears everyone got confused and cut across the open section. Once I figured out what happened I broke fresh snow and completed that section. Trail is pretty solid.
Steve_Balogh

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions