Poto: Grass Lake Charter Township

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Grass Lake Charter Township

Postby glr » February 20th, 2014, 5:46 pm

Just so you all know this trail is newly made, however the parking lot is snowed in at the moment. There is also a pump track that is in the works, so any of you who are good with them your welcome to come out and offer ideas and help. The twp. bought 130 yards of clay/loan. it is semi laid out, but if anyone has some better ideas it can be changed. We will attempt to have the pump track done by mid to late spring.
Grass Lake S+T Park - TC
<><
Yeah, the fatbike is mine...
glr

Postby glr » April 16th, 2014, 8:43 pm

If any of you are out in the Grass Lake area I just did some more clean up tonight on the trails. Even though the trails aren't marked yet, you cant get lost. The park is rather small and since the Fire Department burnt most of it the trails stick out like a....well there the only thing that's not black! So far there is about 2 miles of trails and bikes are aloud on all trails, so you've got nothing to lose! If any of you would like a tour your welcome to p.m. me and i'd be glad to show you around. Oh, after 7 p.m. as we have to get the kids to bed prior before I get to go out and ride. On a side note this summer (after school gets out) we will be doing intro to mountain biking on once a week. We will gear it toward first timers. So if you know anyone over in this area kids, adults, whatever that has any interest I will be posting information about it in the next month. The goal would be to have some be able to ride log and rock piles and skinnies by the end of the year. Maybe even hitting the pump track if we get it finished this summer. Also looking for anyone who would like to help build a pump track. We have the dirt, just need the help. Thanks for looking,
Grass Lake S+T Park - TC
<><
Yeah, the fatbike is mine...
glr

Postby Bikerjohn » May 15th, 2014, 12:33 pm

So, dumb question. Any word on the pump track? There may be a possibility of having students to help as a community service project. We wouldn't have any of the tools or the machinery, but I may have the labor to help out. Could you pm me and let me know what we would have to do to look into this further?
Bikerjohn

Postby c0nsumer » July 5th, 2014, 10:25 pm

I drove past this area today, but it was at dusk. :( Didn't get a chance to stop.
Steve Vigneau
CRAMBA-IMBA Treasurer

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer

Next

Return to Trail Conditions