MCMBA - Hines Park Trails (Wayne County Parks)

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: MCMBA - Hines Park Trails (Wayne County Parks)

Postby lamarvenoy » April 9th, 2017, 5:53 am

Lakeview drive was awesome yesterday. The very start by 275 was a mud bath predictably. I the newer section close to 275 was a little soft and slow but nothing stick to tires or bike. One other mud pit on a one way going east when you go down by the lake.

Other than that the trail was perfect. Lots of people out.
lamarvenoy
 
Posts: 39
Joined: August 13th, 2011, 11:09 am

Re: MCMBA - Hines Park Trails (Wayne County Parks)

Postby b_b » April 9th, 2017, 9:45 pm

Lakeview was good today. I did stay on the "old" trail to the end and that way there was really only one muddy spot at the west entrance. The new section still looked a little soft but maybe rideable and should be dry very soon. The trail is riding great and I like that new berm.
b_b
 
Posts: 1744
Joined: May 30th, 2010, 9:55 am

Re: MCMBA - Hines Park Trails (Wayne County Parks)

Postby jring35 » April 10th, 2017, 6:40 am

First time out (Apr 9 2017) this year on the trail since late fall of 2016. I noticed several "new" signs posted that now say wrong way on certain sections of the trail. So is the trail changing as far as not being bi-directional in the near future?
I just want to be sure I'm not riding particular areas the wrong way.
jring35
 
Posts: 1
Joined: August 18th, 2013, 5:39 pm

Re: MCMBA - Hines Park Trails (Wayne County Parks)

Postby WICCMB » April 10th, 2017, 9:47 am

Yes, trail is continually being tweaked/improved by a small but dedicated trail work crew. Many sections are now 1-way only...which is an improvement as some sections are quite steep/fast. Please pay attention to the signage and keep your eyes out for changes.
User avatar
WICCMB
Administrator
 
Posts: 4200
Joined: June 21st, 2002, 1:29 am
Location: Wixom, MI

Re: MCMBA - Hines Park Trails (Wayne County Parks)

Postby b_b » April 11th, 2017, 10:33 am

Yeah trail is 2-way except where it's not. :)
b_b
 
Posts: 1744
Joined: May 30th, 2010, 9:55 am

Re: MCMBA - Hines Park Trails (Wayne County Parks)

Postby trailHED » April 16th, 2017, 8:03 pm

Rode this evening and the trails are excellent, except for a couple soft spots on Riverview.
trailHED
 
Posts: 27
Joined: January 1st, 2010, 9:16 pm
Location: Livonia

Re: MCMBA - Hines Park Trails (Wayne County Parks)

Postby jwhitey » April 17th, 2017, 6:52 am

Agreed. I rode em too and was pleasantly surprised and how good it was. Further east beyond Nankin lake the trail is still under water in spots. From AA Tr towards the Holiday Nature Preserve there is a tree down between the trail entrance and the steel bridge but there's also been quite a few trail obstructions cleared that have been there for a few years. Thanks to whoever did that!
jwhitey
 
Posts: 390
Joined: June 29th, 2009, 9:30 pm
Location: Livonia

Re: MCMBA - Hines Park Trails (Wayne County Parks)

Postby DrWario » April 22nd, 2017, 6:02 pm

Trail is 98% excellent. The other 2% you may want to consider. Muddy sections on the very east of Riverview; maybe just turn around once you get to those.
On a tangential note, I was kind of shocked to see all the trimming done around the power lines. I know there were comments about it already but wasn't expecting THAT much
DrWario
 
Posts: 39
Joined: November 4th, 2014, 12:54 pm

Re: MCMBA - Hines Park Trails (Wayne County Parks)

Postby jwhitey » April 25th, 2017, 6:53 am

The trail is 99% good now. The only remaining mud is firm enough and ready for smoothing out the ridges, soft but not sticky.
jwhitey
 
Posts: 390
Joined: June 29th, 2009, 9:30 pm
Location: Livonia

Re: MCMBA - Hines Park Trails (Wayne County Parks)

Postby lamarvenoy » April 25th, 2017, 10:37 am

DrWario wrote:Trail is 98% excellent. The other 2% you may want to consider. Muddy sections on the very east of Riverview; maybe just turn around once you get to those.
On a tangential note, I was kind of shocked to see all the trimming done around the power lines. I know there were comments about it already but wasn't expecting THAT much



Feels like an entirely new area in that section. Very strange
lamarvenoy
 
Posts: 39
Joined: August 13th, 2011, 11:09 am

Re: MCMBA - Hines Park Trails (Wayne County Parks)

Postby trailHED » May 7th, 2017, 8:58 pm

Lakeview was good this evening, the east end of Riverview needs another day or two to dry out, the west end was good. If you venture out that way I recommend making a u turn after the one way section.
trailHED
 
Posts: 27
Joined: January 1st, 2010, 9:16 pm
Location: Livonia

Re: MCMBA - Hines Park Trails (Wayne County Parks)

Postby banditx552 » May 8th, 2017, 11:14 am

Heading east to west on lakeview there is a pretty low hanging tree (system) that seems to be getting lower in one of the one-way sections. Yesterday was the first time I didn't really feel comfortable riding under it
banditx552
 
Posts: 15
Joined: March 22nd, 2011, 12:35 pm

Re: MCMBA - Hines Park Trails (Wayne County Parks)

Postby DrWario » May 9th, 2017, 6:05 pm

East end of Riverview still too wet. Lakeview is basically ok, with just a couple soft spots
DrWario
 
Posts: 39
Joined: November 4th, 2014, 12:54 pm

Re: MCMBA - Hines Park Trails (Wayne County Parks)

Postby jwhitey » May 11th, 2017, 11:45 am

All of Riverview is ridable now. Yesterday there were only small puddles and the muddy sections are almost all dry enough to ride through and flatten out the ridges.
jwhitey
 
Posts: 390
Joined: June 29th, 2009, 9:30 pm
Location: Livonia

Re: MCMBA - Hines Park Trails (Wayne County Parks)

Postby b_b » May 24th, 2017, 7:04 pm

I hit a Goose! He flew up in front of me as I was going by and got me square in the chest. Dang those things are solid! Would love to have that on video. I didn't crash and I think he was ok too. This was on the Hines path east of Riverview.
b_b
 
Posts: 1744
Joined: May 30th, 2010, 9:55 am

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Mattwings and 7 guests

cron