MCMBA: Settlers Park (Hartland)

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: MCMBA: Settlers Park (Hartland)

Postby Hermannator » June 6th, 2019, 9:19 am

Loop 2 is officially open. It is real bumpy in the field sections but will wear in. Loop 1 is roughly a year old and has smoothed out real well so we hope the same for loop 2. If not then we will do some shovel work this fall. It is 3,1 miles in length and much more hilly than Loop 1 with more technical features. Now the total mileage for the park is about 5.2 miles. Hoping to get Loop 3 done by next year to bring the mileage up to over 6 miles. Feel free to ride it and wear it in!
Hermannator

Postby joemel08 » June 26th, 2019, 1:04 pm

Rode loop two yesterday, ouch...LOL Fun in the wooded section of loop 2. Loop one is broken in very nicely
joemel08

Postby Citori_cx » August 1st, 2019, 6:06 am

Doesn't seem hunting would be legal there but there is a tree stand?? Loop 1 was fun [emoji16]. May try loop 2 today.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Citori_cx

Postby Hermannator » August 4th, 2019, 3:31 pm

The tree stand on loop 1 has been abandoned for a few years now. That wooded section was isolated from the rest of the park until we built the trail (it was really thick back there) so I think one of the the locals who lived accessed it from the nearby subdivision and poached there. There are two more tree stands along the edge of loop 2 along the edge of the park land. One is obviously abandoned and the other belongs to an neighbor who apparently used that part of the park as a personal hunting area. The tree stand is on his property by a few feet. Again it was in a area that was not accessible until we cut the trail there. He expressed his displeasure to me about the trail being built there and all but admitted that he used to hunt there. But the trail is on township land with no hunting. If you do see evidence of hunting out there please report it to the township. Glad you enjoyed loop 1. Keep riding loop 2 and wear it in!
Hermannator

Postby Citori_cx » August 4th, 2019, 9:43 pm

Hermannator wrote:The tree stand on loop 1 has been abandoned for a few years now. That wooded section was isolated from the rest of the park until we built the trail (it was really thick back there) so I think one of the the locals who lived accessed it from the nearby subdivision and poached there. There are two more tree stands along the edge of loop 2 along the edge of the park land. One is obviously abandoned and the other belongs to an neighbor who apparently used that part of the park as a personal hunting area. The tree stand is on his property by a few feet. Again it was in a area that was not accessible until we cut the trail there. He expressed his displeasure to me about the trail being built there and all but admitted that he used to hunt there. But the trail is on township land with no hunting. If you do see evidence of hunting out there please report it to the township. Glad you enjoyed loop 1. Keep riding loop 2 and wear it in!
I have road loop 2 twice now. It isn't too bad other than the last mile. When you come out of the woods into the swampy area it is pretty rough from there on. It's a good workout and close to home so I definitely plan to do my part riding it in [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Citori_cx

Postby Hermannator » August 5th, 2019, 7:33 pm

Citori_cx Thanks. Rototilled a couple of the most abusive sections today including the tail end of that section you speak of. Going to rent a bigger rototiller for that swamp section and the area between the birches and the colorful bridge. We have a few more wood/rock features planned as well as an upcoming Loop 3 we want to start building when it gets frosty and the vegetation dies off. Loop 3 will make the system 6-6.5 miles long. PM me if you are local and want to help. Name is Tom.
Hermannator

Previous

Return to Trail Conditions