Lapeer Oakdale Trails

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Lapeer Oakdale Trails

Postby WICCMB » September 19th, 2018, 9:01 am

Lapeer Oakdale Trails.

From Josh McCreedy - the trail is still under construction. Right now, we're at 2.5 miles of Green Circle/beginnerish trail with lots of alternate lines and speed for advanced riders. Local guys are hitting it hard, and I want to get the word out as well as warn people about the usual trail issues--it's mostly clay.
WICCMB
Administrator

Re: Lapeer Oakdale Trails

Postby WICCMB » September 19th, 2018, 9:02 am

Josh - can you provide the location of this trail please?
WICCMB
Administrator

Re: CRAMBA: Lapeer Oakdale Trails

Postby Josh McCreedy » September 19th, 2018, 9:34 am

https://www.snapfish.com/photo-gift/sha ... 0/SNAPFISH

I can't link this properly, but...maybe someone could help?
The green is the 2018 summer build, the Cemetery Loop.
The mixed color pic is an overview of Oakdale Trails Farmers Creek area (Demille Blvd to I-69)
The Strava pic is what is done now.

The main trailhead is located in directly behind Chatfield School or Mott Community College buildings in Lapeer, just off Demille Boulevard. There is a trailhead with Kiosk and porta potty (no water) already for a city limestone trail, the Ponds and Prairies park; jump under the railroad bridge and you are on the first .8 mile. This then links under Demille to the Cemetery loop south of Demille.

The best I-69 exit for access from the west is Lake Nepessing Road. The industrial park road (John Conley) actually dead ends at a locked gate. This will be a sanctioned access point in the future.

Sorry for the lack of maps thus far. I'm just the designer and builder on this project. Local advocates (CRAMBA members) are working on maps and info!
Josh McCreedy

Re: Lapeer Oakdale Trails

Postby Josh McCreedy » November 4th, 2018, 8:10 pm

Cemetery Loop was in great shape Friday night after the rain--a little sticky but draining nicely.
Josh McCreedy

Return to Trail Conditions