MCMBA: Legacy Park (Northville)

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

MCMBA: Legacy Park (Northville)

Postby Loren » May 29th, 2020, 10:24 am

Post trail conditions and problem reports for the trails in Legacy Park in Northville (formerly Seven Mile Park)
Last edited by Loren on August 21st, 2020, 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Loren

Re: MCMBA: Seven Mile Park (Northville)

Postby jwhitey » June 2nd, 2020, 10:49 pm

I tried these trials out but they weren't quite dry enough. How many miles of trial are planned?
jwhitey

Postby Loren » June 3rd, 2020, 6:16 am

They are hoping for another six on the west end of the park.
Loren

Postby bender13 » June 3rd, 2020, 9:51 am

Trails should be dry enough now. I saw a few soft spots, but no standing water last night. We are working on fixing some of the drainage issues, so proceed with caution.

Jeff
bender13

Postby stumpjumper » July 21st, 2020, 9:04 am

I rode this trail last night with my 4 year old and just wanted to say thanks! He is definitely not ready for Maybury, but this was a great way to get him acclimated. He is already asking to go back today.
stumpjumper

Re: MCMBA: Legacy Park (Northville)

Postby Loren » August 21st, 2020, 11:31 am

The park has a new name.

NORTHVILLE TOWNSHIP ANNOUNCES WINNING PARK NAME

FOR 7 MILE PROPERTY

The Board of Trustees votes to approve the finalists from the Name the Park contest.

Legacy Park is born!

Northville Township leaders chose last night to name the 7 Mile Park (the former psychiatric hospital property) Legacy Park, as part of the Name the Park Contest.

The Legacy Park suggestion was submitted by two Northville Township residents, Sharon Hayden and Pam Norcutt, who will share the $200 prize for the winning entry.

The Board of Trustees approved the name by a 7-0 vote at their Thursday virtual meeting.

More than 100 entries were received, according to Clerk Margie Banner.
“Many came in with explanations about why the name was suggested,” Banner said. “Some tugged at our heartstrings, while others connected history to the park. It was a difficult decision.”

The Legacy Park name stood out because voters in Northville Township approved a 2009 millage to buy the property to preserve and protect the area, Banner said. “It is a legacy for future Township residents, a legacy for our children.”
Loren

Re: MCMBA: Legacy Park (Northville)

Postby 2Old2BFast » August 31st, 2020, 5:17 pm

I rode here for the first time today, and it exceeded my expectations. Yes, it's basically flat and you need to do multiple laps, but it is a fun little trail with lots of twists and turns. There are a couple of awesome berms on one of the downhills and two optional log piles (although the first one is hard to see until you know where to look for it).

Thank you to the folks who made this happen.
Facts can be proven to be true. Opinions are what you choose to believe. Don't confuse your opinions with facts. 8)
2Old2BFast

Return to Trail Conditions