Poto: Hewen's Creek

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Poto: Hewens Creek

Postby BikeHewensCreek » August 10th, 2014, 3:12 pm

New trail markings that shouldn't damage the trees as the old markers. The number indicates the biking direction. Image Image
BikeHewensCreek

Postby BikeHewensCreek » June 21st, 2015, 4:03 pm

Trail is in pretty good shape in spite of all the rain we?ve been getting. There are a few muddy spots but nothing to keep anyone from riding it. HikerJohn?s been weed whacking and opening it up on many places. The trail was again mowed this weekend and it?s a decent and quick ride. Get out there and ride!

BikeHewensCreek@gmail.com
http://www.twitter.com/BikeHewensCreek
BikeHewensCreek

Postby BikeHewensCreek » July 11th, 2015, 2:25 pm

Most of the trail was mowed today until the blade belt broke on me. Trail is a bit wet on places but very rideable.

BikeHewensCreek@gmail.com
http://www.twitter.com/BikeHewensCreek
BikeHewensCreek

Re: Poto: Hewen's Creek

Postby BikeHewensCreek » April 1st, 2017, 4:43 pm

I’m not even sure that this forum is working anymore but I’ll try it. The trail is very wet and under water in some places,so we ask you to avoid it.
BikeHewensCreek

Postby BikeHewensCreek » April 2nd, 2017, 2:52 pm

Most of the trail is a muddy mess, so please avoid it.
BikeHewensCreek

Postby mpaquette70 » September 11th, 2017, 10:47 am

Rode HC on Sunday 9/10/17. Trail was in great shape. Lots of walkers out. Ran into one guy on a bike going the wrong way on red. Also ran into someone riding a mower between Y2 & Y3 keeping things in check so thank you to whoever that was! Also a big thanks for the new/extra bridges between Y3 & Y4!!! There was a new bridge between Y12 & Y13 too.

Saw a new Rolling Hills connector at O4 but did not take it. I will check it out another time. Right now it is easier for me to ride down Bemis and enter RHP through the field.
2014 Trek 3700 Disc
1994 Trek 820
mpaquette70

Postby michael48197 » November 18th, 2017, 8:36 am

REMINDER: For those that have already done so, thanks for signing up to attend the 9th Annual Poto MBA Black Friday Ride at Rolling Hills and Hewens Creek Parks in Ypsilanti this coming Friday, November 24 which is being sponsored by Wheels in Motion. So far, we have 43 people officially registered on EventBrite and 35 or so indicating they are participating on FB. In order to get an accurate head count, please remind your friends and fellow riders to sign up on EventBrite by this Wednesday, November 22 by 2 PM as we need to order pizza and shop for beverages at that time.

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/9th-annual ... 9?aff=eac2

The weather forecast looks promising at the moment for a nice late fall ride. Looking forward to your participation in our event on Friday.
Michael Connolly
RHP Trail Coordinator
michael48197

Previous

Return to Trail Conditions