MCMBA: Proud Lake

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: MCMBA: Proud Lake

Postby G.Cook » July 12th, 2012, 1:15 pm

Huge props to the guys working the trail . It's a *beep* shame the the DNR District Mgr. cannot find a way to work with the Proud Lk. user groups in a proactive way that would also entail making her decision to do so cya proof. Saying NO is a much safer avenue for the Luba's of the DNR. It's how they get ahead. :roll:
G.Cook

Postby davedejonge » July 13th, 2012, 10:25 am

G.Cook wrote: I will never work on a trail system that is shared with equestrians..

I think Oakland county says the same thing about roads that are shared with bikes... :)

seriously though, if the trails were split, would there be new bike trails and the riders could have the existing ones? I'd be all for that.
dividing the trails... I gotta imagine that the riders and the mmba would have a hard time spitting out " you can have loop 2" faster than the other.
davedejonge

Postby ihateplaindave » July 13th, 2012, 10:46 am

Hey now!!! Where's the love for loop 2?
ihateplaindave

Postby davedejonge » July 13th, 2012, 1:16 pm

well, I guess the 1st half of loop 2 is really nice, the 2nd half back parallel to the tracks is not all that much fun. maybe we could split it in half :)
davedejonge

Postby Builder-Bill » July 14th, 2012, 6:46 pm

Its good to see people using these trail. The a hided gem of the Milford area.
Loop 2 is a great loop ... "lots of Love" :) :) Its the back way to downtown milfrod.
The trials are in great shape.

Bill
Builder-Bill

Postby mwilson7 » July 14th, 2012, 8:32 pm

There's a tree down on loop 3 about 1/3 of the way in.

Getting more familiar with this trail and liking it more and more.
Mark
mwilson7

Postby Spinwheel » July 15th, 2012, 11:04 am

mwilson7 wrote:There's a tree down on loop 3 about 1/3 of the way in.

Also a tree down on connector from Glengary Rd to the dirt rd south of the campground. Mark, great ride today and very good to meet you.
See you on the trail
Spinwheel

Postby J/C » July 15th, 2012, 8:54 pm

mwilson7 wrote:There's a tree down on loop 3 about 1/3 of the way in.

Think you might have meant Loop 2.? Today I cut out the tree that was about 1/3 of the way into 2, just past the house on Garden Rd. Rode 3 and 4 to the connector also, trails are in good shape and fast. No human or equine sightings, just 3 deer on the first stretch of the connector.
John
J/C

Postby J/C » July 15th, 2012, 9:01 pm

mwilson7 wrote:Does anyone have a GPS trace/map/directions for the Proud Lake to Hick connector? I'd be interested in seeing it if you did.

Thanks!

Hi Mark, are you still looking for this? It is kind of hard to explain the route, much easier to show someone. Sounds like you met up with Tim, he could certainly show you where it's at. If you're still wondering, I can come up with something, either by riding it and recording w/ GPS or tracing it on out g-map pedometer and exporting the file. Or let me know and I can show ya in person.
John
J/C

Postby mwilson7 » July 16th, 2012, 4:48 am

Tim showed me yesterday but thanks for the offer John. As a bonus he also took me for a lap of the Hick and as a special bonus showed me how to bend a rear derailleur by getting a stick caught in your chain. Was very unexpected but I had never seen it done before and I guess he wanted to show me his technique :wink: .

I wasn't really expecting much and was surprised how well it was marked.

My ride range is now extended quite a bit eastward with a nice 24 mile loop including the ride at the Hick.

As far as the tree goes I guess I made a mistake. Sorry about that. Ironically enough I started second guessing myself last night and was going to post something this morning to that effect. Thanks for clearing it!
Mark
mwilson7

Postby Spinwheel » July 17th, 2012, 10:00 pm

I don't practice that trick much ($$$), but its nice to know I can pull it off on command :?

Another tree down on the connector about 50 ft from Glengary Road. 10 to 14 inch dia - two saw cuts should do it - its off the ground.
See you on the trail
Spinwheel

Postby Builder-Bill » July 17th, 2012, 11:42 pm

Spinwheel wrote:I don't practice that trick much ($$$), but its nice to know I can pull it off on command :?

Another tree down on the connector about 50 ft from Glengary Road. 10 to 14 inch dia - two saw cuts should do it - its off the ground.

My Chain saw is broken, :cry: :cry: . Parts on order... :) So if anyone has a saw go for it..

Bill
Builder-Bill

Postby J/C » July 18th, 2012, 4:36 pm

Builder-Bill wrote:
Spinwheel wrote:I don't practice that trick much ($$$), but its nice to know I can pull it off on command :?

My Chain saw is broken, :cry: :cry: . Parts on order... :) So if anyone has a saw go for it..

Bill

I'll stop over there tonight and get 'em.
John
J/C

Postby J/C » July 18th, 2012, 8:46 pm

Spinwheel wrote:Another tree down on the connector about 50 ft from Glengary Road. 10 to 14 inch dia - two saw cuts should do it - its off the ground.

Connector is clear. Only took one cut on the big one near the road...but a whole bunch on the top of the maple that was in further in.
J/C

Postby J/C » July 20th, 2012, 8:51 pm

Did some mowing on loop 1 with the chapters string push mower. Wasn't too bad but I wanted to see how the mower worked. It cuts pretty good but could use taller wheels. Plan to get other loops this weekend.
John
J/C

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions