MCMBA: Proud Lake

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: MCMBA: Proud Lake

Postby mwilson7 » April 27th, 2019, 7:09 am

I'm very familiar with the by-pass and enjoy it but I'm very surprised this is being called new since it was used during last years Milford Challenge as well.
Mark
mwilson7

Postby WICCMB » May 28th, 2019, 10:14 am

The Proud Lake trail system has been completely trimmed and prepped in advance of this weekend's Milford Bike Fest and Trail Challenge event. Many people are still unfamiliar with this hidden gem of a trail...the loops can be confusing, so come out and ride with others on Saturday and learn all of the ins and outs!

For more information, click here:
https://runsignup.com/Race/MI/Milford/BikeFest
WICCMB
Administrator

Postby jreyst » June 1st, 2019, 9:35 am

Any chance I could help with putting in signage or something to help reduce confusion? I'd like to ride there more often or combine it with the Hick but every time I tried that in the past I found the trail very confusing and really overgrown. I wasn't even sure I was on mtb trail or horse trail or what in many areas. I'd love to make it a regular stop if it's better now than it was a few years ago! I'm also happy to help out on trail days. I've done a ton of work at Hick, Tree Farm, River Bends, Maybury, and many others and happy to put in some effort at Proud Lake.
--
John Reyst
Primary: 2016 Giant Trance 3
Winter: 2018 Specialized Fatboy
Backup: 2007 Giant Trance I
jreyst

Postby Hermannator » June 1st, 2019, 8:12 pm

Sadly, the bike signage at Proud Lake tends to get torn down by other trail users. It has been recently mowed and was is good shape today except for the end of Loop 4. Once you ride it a couple of times, it is pretty easy to understand. PM me sometime and I can meet you out there if you want for a tour.
Hermannator

Postby WICCMB » June 3rd, 2019, 9:02 am

a tour would be a great help I am sure. However, for me, the only way to truly learn the trails was to explore. I went out and took every right turn - noting that every time I turned I went off the trail and found myself at a road, the RR tracks, etc. I would then backtrack to the main trail and continue on. After getting home and looking at the map...each loop looked like a spider, but then it all made sense!
WICCMB
Administrator

Postby b_b » June 3rd, 2019, 10:11 am

Ha one time I rode here found myself on torn-up poopie over-grown horse trail, but later hiked here many times with scouts and found the right trails are rather nice. Still have a hard time stopping here when Highland is just a little farther, but nice for folks who live nearby for something else to mix things up. I don't get to Highland nearly enough either!
b_b

Postby WICCMB » August 1st, 2019, 9:36 am

The campground bypass trail has been recently trimmed, and is in great shape right now. Keep on the lookout for stumpy stuff sticking out of the trail tread or just off of it.

The 4 normal loops at Proud lake are getting overgrown. They are dry except for a few small wet spots in the expected places.
WICCMB
Administrator

Postby Spinwheel » August 17th, 2019, 2:40 pm

Ive been pruning back the thorns on Proud Lake loops - together with Bill's awesome mowing, the trails are in pretty decent shape but as usual, there is more to do.

Also on the Kensignton Connector: I reported the big down tree located West of Old Plank / South of Horse trail.........to the Kensington Metro Park Manager.

Hopefully they will be able to clear this one.

Ride on!
See you on the trail
Spinwheel

Previous

Return to Trail Conditions