MCMBA: Milford

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: MCMBA: Milford

Postby wompasaurus » April 14th, 2012, 2:12 pm

wow that sucks on the fuji dont they have a lifetime on the frame?
wompasaurus

Postby Steve_Balogh » April 14th, 2012, 6:39 pm

Rode today after the morning rain. Trail was in great shape, no mud, nicely moist. Then headed south and rode the connector to Proud Lake for the first time. The connector is great fun, seems uphill all the way, and makes a nice downhill run going back. There's a tree down 1/2 way through blocking the trail, can be stepped over by carrying your bike. Proud Lake's loop 4 was a bit wet in some spots, not as nice as Milford.

Anyone lose a Go-Pro component at Milford? PM me if so, found it laying in the middle of the trail.
Steve_Balogh

Postby Bruck » April 16th, 2012, 7:43 am

Rode Saturday (14th) afternoon.

Some DB moved a bunch of dead debris onto the trail.

I moved as much as I could, but be careful, a couple of the logs were large and might be sticking out into the trail more than normal.
Bruck

Postby wompasaurus » April 16th, 2012, 10:52 pm

Bruck wrote:Rode Saturday (14th) afternoon.

I moved as much as I could, but be careful, a couple of the logs were large and might be sticking out into the trail more than normal.

i noticed alot of this last time i rode milford stopped an pulled all out that i could.
wompasaurus

Postby redwoods22 » April 17th, 2012, 11:32 am

wompasaurus wrote:

i noticed alot of this last time i rode milford stopped an pulled all out that i could.

where exactly did you find this? only reason I ask is there are a couple piles of deadfall that are blocking off old sections of trail that are no longer used..
redwoods22

Postby vette-ss » April 17th, 2012, 11:42 am

redwoods22 wrote:where exactly did you find this? only reason I ask is there are a couple piles of deadfall that are blocking off old sections of trail that are no longer used..

I was thinking the same thing. I noticed a couple of new trail routes, and the old trail is intentionally blocked so you ride the new stuff.
vette-ss

Postby Builder-Bill » April 17th, 2012, 3:52 pm

redwoods22 wrote:
wompasaurus wrote:

where exactly did you find this? only reason I ask is there are a couple piles of deadfall that are blocking off old sections of trail that are no longer used..

If the debris is on the trail by the baseball fields, its usually from the kids playing on the trail between baseball games.
I have almost ran them over a few times. :)

Let me know if any of the old sections are opened up, I will block them off again.
Bill TC
Builder-Bill

Postby wompasaurus » April 17th, 2012, 7:34 pm

by the baseball fields and behind the ymca. i saw the piles blocking the old trails. i road through them a few times those s turns get tough towards the end imo. road today couple mud spots but very small overall good ride and good condition.
wompasaurus

Postby wspfan » April 17th, 2012, 7:55 pm

Big tree down (chainsaw required) 3.5 miles in along the tree line. Couple small soft spots, but other than that a nice ride.
wspfan

Postby dcat1 » April 18th, 2012, 10:08 am

That tree is huge, and would seem to be a perfect base for a nice log pile...Bill-give a yell if you'd need help w/ that, or with removing it if that is what you think is best...trail was perfect last night otherwise...
Dan
dcat1

Postby Builder-Bill » April 19th, 2012, 4:32 pm

Its a Big tree... 2 1/2 ft arcoss.... I tried to cut it out last night... My saw is to small. I have someone cutting it out tomarrow.
SOME DIRT BAG ... Stole the wrong way sign and post, at the trail crossing behind the YMCA. :x :x :x
So keep a eye out for it..
Bill TC
Builder-Bill

Postby wompasaurus » April 20th, 2012, 1:27 am

Builder-Bill wrote:Its a Big tree... 2 1/2 ft arcoss.... I tried to cut it out last night... My saw is to small. I have someone cutting it out tomarrow.
SOME DIRT BAG ... Stole the wrong way sign and post, at the trail crossing behind the YMCA. :x :x :x
So keep a eye out for it..
Bill TC

why would someone steal a trail sign? it baffles me the things that people do. a road sign is a different story but a trail sign come on now. i shall keep my eyes open
wompasaurus

Postby mmrobertson69 » April 22nd, 2012, 4:06 pm

Did 2 laps today with Senior Santa Cruz. The trail was sweeeet! Almost did the Kennsington connector expect the wind was too strong. Didn't see anyone else on the trail; just a few bikers coming and going in the parking lot. Now is the time to hit this one.
"Nice bruise. What did you hit, a tree?"

"No, the ground."
mmrobertson69

Postby Builder-Bill » April 27th, 2012, 6:52 pm

The Trail is in Great Shape... and Vary Fast.... :wink:

Someone keeps removing the rocks, at the top of climb on refrigerator Hill .. :evil: . If it keeps up, I will have to start adding rocks... :twisted:

Bill TC
Builder-Bill

Postby wompasaurus » April 28th, 2012, 6:05 pm

Builder-Bill wrote:The Trail is in Great Shape... and Vary Fast.... :wink:

Someone keeps removing the rocks, at the top of climb on refrigerator Hill .. :evil: . If it keeps up, I will have to start adding rocks... :twisted:

Bill TC

i dont think ive done that section yet. but the first rock pile by the paved portion that one big rock is a pia. I want to move it so bad an put a bunch of smaller ones there but well its not my trail. maybe someone will get rid of it. with the 2 trees there theres no way around i always have to hop off an walk over it.
wompasaurus

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions