MCMBA: Milford

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: MCMBA: Milford

Postby Builder-Bill » May 29th, 2012, 10:51 pm

The trail is in good shape. For the last few days I have been mowing and cutting back the edge growth.... getting it ready for the Milford Trail Challenge
Bill
Builder-Bill

Postby Grimpeur » May 30th, 2012, 4:27 pm

Just finished a quick lap at Milford, nice "trim" job on the trail Bill, no slappers this weekend! Strange, seeing all the weeds knocked down around the log bridge sorta freaked me out.
Grimpeur

Postby Builder-Bill » June 1st, 2012, 8:11 pm

Grimpeur wrote:Just finished a quick lap at Milford, nice "trim" job on the trail Bill, no slappers this weekend! Strange, seeing all the weeds knocked down around the log bridge sorta freaked me out.

It's a Looooong way down... lol
Builder-Bill

Postby Grimpeur » June 1st, 2012, 10:57 pm

Builder-Bill wrote:
Grimpeur wrote:Just finished a quick lap at Milford, nice "trim" job on the trail Bill, no slappers this weekend! Strange, seeing all the weeds knocked down around the log bridge sorta freaked me out.

It's a Looooong way down... lol

HA HA HA...maybe some of us like weeds
Grimpeur

Postby Spinwheel » June 10th, 2012, 9:21 pm

Rode it today for the first time this year, nice job on the new stuff Bill, very creative!
Trails in good shape.
See you on the trail
Spinwheel

Postby redwoods22 » June 27th, 2012, 8:53 pm

good lap this morning.. one of the bridges back in the NW corner has a broken plank in the middle.. be careful.
redwoods22

Postby c0nsumer » June 30th, 2012, 6:21 pm

Finally made it out here. Interesting trail. I'm impressed at just how much is squeezed in here.
Steve Vigneau
CRAMBA-IMBA Treasurer

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer

Postby Builder-Bill » July 1st, 2012, 1:51 pm

redwoods22 wrote:good lap this morning.. one of the bridges back in the NW corner has a broken plank in the middle.. be careful.

The bridge needs a little TLC... Some time this fall I'm going to replace it.
Bill
Builder-Bill

Postby c0nsumer » July 1st, 2012, 1:55 pm

By the way, any of you know if there is a bit of Poison Ivy at the very, very beginning of the trail, just as it starts and turns left? I had a stupid slow-motion fall there yesterday while fiddling with my pack, and today I've got redness and itchyness on my hip. I'm trying to figure out if it's PI (which it seems to be) and where it might have come from.
Steve Vigneau
CRAMBA-IMBA Treasurer

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer

Postby Builder-Bill » July 2nd, 2012, 10:01 pm

c0nsumer wrote:By the way, any of you know if there is a bit of Poison Ivy at the very, very beginning of the trail, just as it starts and turns left? I had a stupid slow-motion fall there yesterday while fiddling with my pack, and today I've got redness and itchyness on my hip. I'm trying to figure out if it's PI (which it seems to be) and where it might have come from.

Not that I know of. But there is some over by commerce rd .. I keep it cut back.
Bill
Builder-Bill

Postby mwilson7 » July 4th, 2012, 11:13 am

The trail is dry and in great shape!

Get out and ride!!
Mark
mwilson7

Postby Dirtdevil » July 8th, 2012, 8:48 am

As of 7/7 the trail is still very dry & in great shape. A few face snappers as expected, but that's it.

:twisted:
Dirtdevil

Postby Gfish29 » July 14th, 2012, 5:08 pm

There is 1 tree down. It's kind of right near that small beach area off the paved trail...before you cross the paved trail for the last time near the end.
Gfish29

Postby Builder-Bill » July 15th, 2012, 10:25 pm

Gfish29 wrote:There is 1 tree down. It's kind of right near that small beach area off the paved trail...before you cross the paved trail for the last time near the end.

Ok I walked 2 miles of trail backwards from the last paved trail crossing, caring a chain saw and loppers . I found the downed no downed tree...
So if anyone finds this tree let me know were it is at. It may not be cut up for a week or two... Sorry... I broke my chain saw cutting back some low limbs.. :( :(

Bill TC
Builder-Bill

Postby Gfish29 » July 15th, 2012, 11:47 pm

I think then maybe somebody else has gotten it...I don't know as I haven't been back. Very sorry for the inconvenience. Thank you for the work out there.
Gfish29

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions