MCMBA: Milford

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: MCMBA: Milford

Postby Builder-Bill » May 29th, 2012, 10:51 pm

The trail is in good shape. For the last few days I have been mowing and cutting back the edge growth.... getting it ready for the Milford Trail Challenge
Bill
Builder-Bill
 
Posts: 353
Joined: November 15th, 2005, 1:58 am
Location: Milford, Mi

Re: MCMBA: Milford

Postby Grimpeur » May 30th, 2012, 4:27 pm

Just finished a quick lap at Milford, nice "trim" job on the trail Bill, no slappers this weekend! Strange, seeing all the weeds knocked down around the log bridge sorta freaked me out.
User avatar
Grimpeur
 
Posts: 7
Joined: September 17th, 2007, 8:43 am
Location: Milford

Re: MCMBA: Milford

Postby Builder-Bill » June 1st, 2012, 8:11 pm

Grimpeur wrote:Just finished a quick lap at Milford, nice "trim" job on the trail Bill, no slappers this weekend! Strange, seeing all the weeds knocked down around the log bridge sorta freaked me out.

It's a Looooong way down... lol
Builder-Bill
 
Posts: 353
Joined: November 15th, 2005, 1:58 am
Location: Milford, Mi

Re: MCMBA: Milford

Postby Grimpeur » June 1st, 2012, 10:57 pm

Builder-Bill wrote:
Grimpeur wrote:Just finished a quick lap at Milford, nice "trim" job on the trail Bill, no slappers this weekend! Strange, seeing all the weeds knocked down around the log bridge sorta freaked me out.

It's a Looooong way down... lol


HA HA HA...maybe some of us like weeds
User avatar
Grimpeur
 
Posts: 7
Joined: September 17th, 2007, 8:43 am
Location: Milford

Re: MCMBA: Milford

Postby Spinwheel » June 10th, 2012, 9:21 pm

Rode it today for the first time this year, nice job on the new stuff Bill, very creative!
Trails in good shape.
See you on the trail
User avatar
Spinwheel
 
Posts: 880
Joined: May 8th, 2003, 10:03 am
Location: SE Michigan Mountain Bike MECCA

Re: MCMBA: Milford

Postby redwoods22 » June 27th, 2012, 8:53 pm

good lap this morning.. one of the bridges back in the NW corner has a broken plank in the middle.. be careful.
User avatar
redwoods22
 
Posts: 156
Joined: September 5th, 2008, 8:32 pm
Location: Highland, MI

Re: MCMBA: Milford

Postby c0nsumer » June 30th, 2012, 6:21 pm

Finally made it out here. Interesting trail. I'm impressed at just how much is squeezed in here.
Steve Vigneau
CRAMBA-IMBA Treasurer

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, CRAMBA-IMBA.
User avatar
c0nsumer
 
Posts: 7703
Joined: May 18th, 2008, 11:35 am
Location: Shelby Township, MI

Re: MCMBA: Milford

Postby Builder-Bill » July 1st, 2012, 1:51 pm

redwoods22 wrote:good lap this morning.. one of the bridges back in the NW corner has a broken plank in the middle.. be careful.

The bridge needs a little TLC... Some time this fall I'm going to replace it.
Bill
Builder-Bill
 
Posts: 353
Joined: November 15th, 2005, 1:58 am
Location: Milford, Mi

Re: MCMBA: Milford

Postby c0nsumer » July 1st, 2012, 1:55 pm

By the way, any of you know if there is a bit of Poison Ivy at the very, very beginning of the trail, just as it starts and turns left? I had a stupid slow-motion fall there yesterday while fiddling with my pack, and today I've got redness and itchyness on my hip. I'm trying to figure out if it's PI (which it seems to be) and where it might have come from.
Steve Vigneau
CRAMBA-IMBA Treasurer

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, CRAMBA-IMBA.
User avatar
c0nsumer
 
Posts: 7703
Joined: May 18th, 2008, 11:35 am
Location: Shelby Township, MI

Re: MCMBA: Milford

Postby Builder-Bill » July 2nd, 2012, 10:01 pm

c0nsumer wrote:By the way, any of you know if there is a bit of Poison Ivy at the very, very beginning of the trail, just as it starts and turns left? I had a stupid slow-motion fall there yesterday while fiddling with my pack, and today I've got redness and itchyness on my hip. I'm trying to figure out if it's PI (which it seems to be) and where it might have come from.


Not that I know of. But there is some over by commerce rd .. I keep it cut back.
Bill
Builder-Bill
 
Posts: 353
Joined: November 15th, 2005, 1:58 am
Location: Milford, Mi

Re: MCMBA: Milford

Postby mwilson7 » July 4th, 2012, 11:13 am

The trail is dry and in great shape!

Get out and ride!!
Mark
mwilson7
 
Posts: 83
Joined: June 29th, 2009, 11:52 am
Location: Milford

Re: MCMBA: Milford

Postby Dirtdevil » July 8th, 2012, 8:48 am

As of 7/7 the trail is still very dry & in great shape. A few face snappers as expected, but that's it.

:twisted:
User avatar
Dirtdevil
 
Posts: 1063
Joined: July 5th, 2002, 11:56 am
Location: Plymouth

Re: MCMBA: Milford

Postby Gfish29 » July 14th, 2012, 5:08 pm

There is 1 tree down. It's kind of right near that small beach area off the paved trail...before you cross the paved trail for the last time near the end.
Gfish29
 
Posts: 21
Joined: July 31st, 2009, 6:43 pm
Location: Commerce

Re: MCMBA: Milford

Postby Builder-Bill » July 15th, 2012, 10:25 pm

Gfish29 wrote:There is 1 tree down. It's kind of right near that small beach area off the paved trail...before you cross the paved trail for the last time near the end.


Ok I walked 2 miles of trail backwards from the last paved trail crossing, caring a chain saw and loppers . I found the downed no downed tree...
So if anyone finds this tree let me know were it is at. It may not be cut up for a week or two... Sorry... I broke my chain saw cutting back some low limbs.. :( :(

Bill TC
Builder-Bill
 
Posts: 353
Joined: November 15th, 2005, 1:58 am
Location: Milford, Mi

Re: MCMBA: Milford

Postby Gfish29 » July 15th, 2012, 11:47 pm

I think then maybe somebody else has gotten it...I don't know as I haven't been back. Very sorry for the inconvenience. Thank you for the work out there.
Gfish29
 
Posts: 21
Joined: July 31st, 2009, 6:43 pm
Location: Commerce

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 34 guests