MCMBA: Milford

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: MCMBA: Milford

Postby mwilson7 » July 16th, 2012, 6:50 pm

The tree is DEFINITELY still there!! It's about .2 miles in from the last paved trail cross over right where gfish29 says it was. You can see it from the paved trail as well. just a little west of the beach area.

Did I mention that it was a BIG tree!!!
Mark
mwilson7

Postby Builder-Bill » July 16th, 2012, 10:21 pm

mwilson7 wrote:The tree is DEFINITELY still there!! It's about .2 miles in from the last paved trail cross over right where gfish29 says it was. You can see it from the paved trail as well. just a little west of the beach area.

Did I mention that it was a BIG tree!!!

When I get the parts in for the chain saw I will find it.. Until then it's a little cycle cross action.. LOL :) :)
You are starting and finishing at the baseball feilds ... Right?
Bill
Builder-Bill

Postby mwilson7 » July 17th, 2012, 4:19 am

yes, I start at the baseball fields. The tree is located on the switchback that you hit just before the hill that takes you to the paved trail crossing.
Mark
mwilson7

Postby jwhitey » July 25th, 2012, 1:46 pm

Hoping to get a ride in at Milford tonight before dark. It's been over a year for me here. No suprises I hope.
jwhitey

Postby mwilson7 » July 25th, 2012, 1:57 pm

The tree listed above was still down as of Monday.

I might see you there as I plan on riding around 6 or so.
Mark
mwilson7

Postby jwhitey » July 25th, 2012, 2:14 pm

I'll be a little later than that. Helping my wife with a fund raiser in Wixom. I probabaly won't hit the trail until after 7:00.
Thanks
jwhitey

Postby jwhitey » July 25th, 2012, 8:50 pm

GREAT TRAIL! I should ride here more often. The tree is still there just before the end. Met a local on the second lap and he was fast. Made it even more fun.
I'll be back for sure.
jwhitey

Postby amadkins » August 3rd, 2012, 6:58 am

Trail was pretty dusty and loose yesterday afternoon. Tree still down just before the last paved trail crossing at the end.
amadkins

Postby jwhitey » August 3rd, 2012, 7:36 am

There's probably a well worn ride around by now.
jwhitey

Postby Builder-Bill » August 5th, 2012, 11:22 am

Chain saw parts finally came in :D :D .... I cut a reroute around the right side of the tree, It will add a little more flow to the trail. :D
Bill and Sam the Trail Dog.
Builder-Bill

Postby dnale » August 11th, 2012, 7:02 am

Might head up to the in law's today and considered riding Milford. How will the trail be after the rain we've had?

Sent from my Toshiba Excite via Tapatalk
dnale

Postby SANTA_CRUZ » August 11th, 2012, 7:05 am

Rode there this past Tuesday night and had a blast as usual. Dry and fast. Ran into one young guy on an old steel Gary Fisher and helped
him out with a hex wrench and saw about 6 swans chilling on the shore at the end of the whooptie bridges.

Thing I wanted to mention to Bill was though - at 1.4 from the parking lot or 1.0 from the tall vertical trailhead sign there are three planks
rotted, falling in and making a potentially dangerous hole in the first wooden bridge that need replacing. One 2" x 6" and two 2" x 4"s there.
I love mountain biking because I haven't found anything that is more FUN !!
Of all the paths you choose in life....make sure some of them are DIRT !!

Commuting miles in 2012 = 1065
Total road/trail miles = 2800
Number of rides = 152
Trails ridden = 28 different in MI, 2 in Oregon
SANTA_CRUZ

Postby dnale » August 11th, 2012, 3:15 pm

Rode it this afternoon for the first time ever. Sweet trail. Couple slick spots. I bet when you know this trail it's a real fast trail. Saw a couple deer that let me get pretty close.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
dnale

Postby J/C » August 13th, 2012, 8:28 pm

Everyone, this Saturday, Aug. 18th is Proud Lake Adventure Day. It's an event the park is putting on to showcase the park and provide outdoor activities for kids to try out. Bill and I will be there with the MMBA Kids' Trailer and we're looking for help. We'll be getting the kids set up on the bikes and going for a ride around the trails on the East side of Wixom Rd (trails are normally closed to bikes). Trailer will be set up somewhere near the River Hawk Lodge. Please come out and help if you can. Bring the kids, there will be free ice cream, archery, canoeing, the Walled Lake Outdoor Center will be open for ziplines and such. 10 am to 3 pm. Here is a link to the official flyer. It should be a real nice event and I think it will help our push for new bike trails in the park.

Let Bill or me know if you can help, pm or call 734.680.3883.

John
Proud Lake Asst. T/C
J/C

Postby DxSxL » August 18th, 2012, 8:37 pm

I just moved out to Milford last week and had a chance to try this trail for the first time tonight.....it was a blast, and the trail was in great shape! I have a feeling this is going to quickly become one of my regular trails!
DxSxL

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions