CRAMBA: Stony Creek

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: CRAMBA: Stony Creek

Postby Trance » May 14th, 2018, 4:22 pm

Has anyone been out there to take a look since the Saturday rain? I don't think Stony got much (if any) rain today (Monday), Rochester got nothing. If you've been out there, report back plz.
Trance

Postby jer091 » May 14th, 2018, 5:43 pm

All the singletrack is good to ride.
jer091

Postby Trance » May 15th, 2018, 6:49 am

Thanks for the update and you're right. I was able to sneak a lap in before dark yesterday. It did rain last night though.
Trance

Postby JahkneeFive » May 22nd, 2018, 1:08 pm

hows everything looking after the weekened storms? Was going to try to sneak out after work this week, but wasn't sure how long it takes to drain out.
JahkneeFive

Postby mtb_frk » May 22nd, 2018, 7:02 pm

Everything was pretty wet. I bailed out early, it should be better tomorrow.
KLM/Cold Stone Racing
mtb_frk

Postby ed van slambrouck » May 30th, 2018, 2:37 pm

full lap yesterday 5/29/18. Roller coaster, Snake, Pines all in great shape dry & fast. Only water was on the 2 track in the normal spots.

Ed
ed van slambrouck

Postby Jakdenn » May 31st, 2018, 2:33 pm

Huge tree down in the first single track coming down off of Mt. Sheldon about 4 turns in.
Jakdenn

Postby PK » June 1st, 2018, 11:24 am

Thanks for the report.
I sent the park an Email on it yesterday.
Feel free to do the same if it's still there, or stop in the park office and tell them.

Pete

BTW Please post up if / when it's gone.
PK

Postby onlycrimson » June 2nd, 2018, 8:34 pm

Today was good, tree was gone.
onlycrimson

Postby jnpcook » June 6th, 2018, 7:00 am

Stony Creek was great last night. There was one small mud puddle in the Roller Coaster right after you make the left turn where the swamp cut-off is but it was dry on the left side of the puddle and you could easily ride through without damage or widening the trail. The pines was nearly complete dry with no real mud to speak of. The trail was riding very fast.

I have been avoiding the outside two-track as past experience has found it quite wet but on the way back to my car (parked at the F lot near top of 3 gear hill) I took it in the counter clockwise direction. I came across a ditch at what looked like a beaver pond and slowly rode down into the ditch and across with no problems. It was getting towards dark as I continued my way back on the two track and right after I came through a meadow and had just gotten back into the trees I had a good amount of speed built up and at the last second I saw another ditch (probably 1 or 2 feet across and the same depth) and I didn't think I had time to slam on the brakes to slowly ride through it like I had the last ditch. I can not bunny hop but I guess when desperation requires it one learns very quickly. Somehow I cleared that ditch with what probably looked like the most ugly bunny hop you have ever seen but I got it done.

Is the plan to leave those ditches in their current state? Or will they have drainage pipe/tubing installed and filled over with sand/gravel?
jnpcook

Postby CTB » June 11th, 2018, 1:12 pm

I heard The Pines was very muddy/wet on the weekend. I'm not that familiar with the trail - any chance it will be rideable tomorrow (Tuesday) after work? I heard the Roller Coaster was ok, but I do like to add The Pines as well. Thanks.
CTB

Postby PK » June 12th, 2018, 4:15 am

Stony, including the pines will be fine Tuesday as long as it stays rain-free today.
Enjoy.

Pete
PK

Postby PK » June 23rd, 2018, 8:42 pm

HUGE thanks to all 22 folks who showed up today to help trim ALL the singletrack.
Thanks to all the Guinness bikers and their leader Mike Fitzpatrick for getting all you folks out there today.

I also would like to remind folks that in the Pines section, there is an Official "Left hand" bypass of the double tree downhill.
Please don't assume it's another bandit bypass and attempt to close it down. (There is plenty of other places within the trail system that could use your help.)
Most bandit trails are a "faster, straighter" line, this one is actually slower. We are leaving the trial through the trees as the fast option.

Enjoy. Pete
PK

Postby PK » July 12th, 2018, 10:55 am

I'm told that the Guinness bikers took care of the fallen tree in the Pines that had been blocking the rock garden bypass.
Great thanks to all who took time out from their ride last night to help out!

Mark and I spent this morning trimming back overgrowth on parts of the Rollercoaster, Back Nine, and Snakes.

Enjoy.
Pete
PK

Postby CTB » August 7th, 2018, 7:22 am

Did the trail get a lot of rain last night? I will be in the area today and was hoping the rains we got down here didn't hit the area up there. Thanks.
CTB

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions