CRAMBA: Stony Creek

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: CRAMBA: Stony Creek

Postby Trance » August 7th, 2018, 11:56 am

CTB wrote:Did the trail get a lot of rain last night? I will be in the area today and was hoping the rains we got down here didn't hit the area up there. Thanks.

As dry as its been, I doubt there will be any issues at Stony Creek today. Might be worth doing the Snake, Roller Coaster, Back Nine before the Pines, but I would guess that its all good to go today. I live in Rochester, it rained good yesterday, but it was not a washout by any means. Report back after you go ...
Trance

Postby CTB » August 7th, 2018, 12:07 pm

Thanks, it's getting dark up here again, but if it doesn't rain, I think I'm gonna give it a try after work. Stay tuned...
CTB

Postby CTB » August 7th, 2018, 7:50 pm

Everything I rode was outstanding. Only standing mud was on the wide access roads, not the trails. I rode the Snake, Coaster, and Pines for sure (I don't know Stony that well), and all were excellent. I took my fenders since I didn't know what I was going to get, but I did not need them. If you don't get more rain up there, get out on the trail.
CTB

Postby PK » September 18th, 2018, 10:05 am

Now is the time to voice your opinion about the future of the trails at Stony Creek that are designated for MTB:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/SheldenTrails

Make sure to think up a suggestion or two beforehand for the comments box.

Pete
PK

Postby wrob » September 18th, 2018, 3:54 pm

How do i get confirmation that my survey response was recorded?
wrob

Postby PK » September 19th, 2018, 5:41 am

Rob, try to do it again, if your survey was already accepted, it won't allow you to do it again.
Pete.
PK

Postby wrob » September 19th, 2018, 7:02 am

GOT IT, thx PETE....also.... "GNAR" riders...here's an opportunity to voice your suggestions!
there's tons of potential for challenging terrain here! Post up now.
wrob

Postby PK » October 3rd, 2018, 5:21 am

Tuesday evening, 02OC18, the trails were OK.
Greasy enough in spots to have an unexpected "pucker" moment or twenty.
Trail surface was firm, but 2-track puddles were numerous.
Should be pretty nice today, all things considered.

Pete.
PK

Postby Trance » October 22nd, 2018, 8:31 am

Yesterday afternoon, Sunday, rode all of the single tack and a fair amount of 2 track. It was mostly dry with a few soft spots. All in all, very nice condition, and more favorable weather on tap for the week. Go on and get it now, Winter is coming!
Trance

Postby Trance » November 12th, 2018, 8:07 am

Sunday afternoon trail was in really good condition. Few soft/wet spots, but mostly just leafy and dry. I finally pulled my weight by clearing a tree that had fallen across the trail near #16 coming down from #20. Took a few minutes to shimmy it around, but its all clear now. Rode all singletrack and some double. Pines is the softest part or course, but still very ridable. Saw a bunch of fat tires out there, but I was on 2.3s.
Trance

Postby PK » December 22nd, 2018, 6:33 pm

PK

Postby PK » March 24th, 2019, 12:58 pm

We rode this am.
Up to Mt Shelden, and down the Rollercoaster to the Swamp cut-out.
It was frozen at the time I was there but there is MANY rutted wet areas that will need time with overnight temps above freezing. The 2-track back from the cut-out to the parking lot was very wet. (Frozen but thawing around 10AM)
We rode around and outside of the park and on our way back up 26 Mile, we cut-in to South end of the Trolley trails. Very bad in there. Very eroded / washed-out.

Give it time.

Pete
PK

Postby JahkneeFive » March 25th, 2019, 6:50 am

we were out there right around the same time and I agree. Lots of ruts and by the time we finished a lot of the areas were starting to thaw making the problem worse. Id almost say if its going to start the spring thaw the trails need a few days to dry out to avoid damage. There were also a few washouts in the SE corner trails. Defintely going to need some TLC in April.
JahkneeFive

Postby c0nsumer » March 25th, 2019, 7:54 am

It's going to take far more than a few days. The ground is still frozen in places.
Steve Vigneau
CRAMBA-IMBA Treasurer

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer

Postby ihateplaindave » April 1st, 2019, 10:25 am

Any ideas on conditions today?
ihateplaindave

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions