CRAMBA: Stony Creek

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: CRAMBA: Stony Creek

Postby PK » November 21st, 2020, 6:31 pm

Stony got the leaves blown off it today.
Loops A and B were both open today although A loop has sand in the 2nd half that will be addressed and will require the re-closing of the trail while it gets covered with appropriate soil.
D loop (former Back Nine) is looking to be near completion.
I'm told it's possible the entire trail will be re-worked by mid-winter.
Pete
PK

Postby Dark-Fx » November 23rd, 2020, 6:48 am

PK wrote:A loop has sand
Pete

Isn't A loop called the Beach loop? Why not leave the sand as is?
Unless otherwise stated my posts and comments are my own and not representative of any group.
Dark-Fx

Postby PK » November 23rd, 2020, 12:29 pm

Kinda funny, this left for dead forum still had over 600 views on this thread since Saturday afternoon.
PK

Postby c0nsumer » November 23rd, 2020, 1:59 pm

PK wrote:Kinda funny, this left for dead forum still had over 600 views on this thread since Saturday afternoon.

Spiders/bots.
Steve Vigneau

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer

Postby Dark-Fx » November 24th, 2020, 9:53 am

c0nsumer wrote:Spiders/bots.

I often feel conflicted checking the "I am not a robot" checkboxes.
Unless otherwise stated my posts and comments are my own and not representative of any group.
Dark-Fx

Postby PK » December 26th, 2020, 1:55 pm

Real nice this morning. We were riding fat, (Even had fat bikes!) but there were skinnies out there as well.
Winter-slow but real nice.
We went exploring for a few hours.
Everything we rode was nice.
Pete
PK

Postby xycarp » December 29th, 2020, 12:20 pm

Trail was VERY icy today. I had to turn around on the pines at the 100 yard mark. It's un-ridable unless you are riding spiked tires.

The wide cross county ski trail is mostly ridable on the shoulder, but the big hill near the golf course is pretty slick... there is a ton of smooth slick ice. Going down after the hill is even harder.

Beautiful morning though.
xycarp

Postby c0nsumer » December 29th, 2020, 12:22 pm

xycarp wrote:Trail was VERY icy today. I had to turn around on the pines at the 100 yard mark. It's un-ridable unless you are riding spiked tires.

The wide cross county ski trail is mostly ridable on the shoulder, but the big hill near the golf course is pretty slick... there is a ton of smooth slick ice. Going down after the hill is even harder.

Beautiful morning though.

Couple days back all of the two track had seen SO much foot and bike traffic that it was packed into a 12' wide flat ribbon of firm snow. Really impressive to see, and looked ripe to soak up rain and turn into an ice rink. :(
Steve Vigneau

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer

Postby cjn1014 » March 21st, 2021, 9:46 am

Was out yesterday. Still quite a bit of frost in the ground in the usual shaded areas. New trail system is “closed”, but I saw lots of new type people jumping into the trail system at mid-junction points and crossovers.
We train young men to drop fire on people, but their commanders won't allow them to write "*beep*" on their airplanes because it's obscene!
cjn1014

Postby c0nsumer » March 21st, 2021, 1:00 pm

cjn1014 wrote:Was out yesterday. Still quite a bit of frost in the ground in the usual shaded areas. New trail system is “closed”, but I saw lots of new type people jumping into the trail system at mid-junction points and crossovers.

This is why we can't have nice things.
Steve Vigneau

c0nsumer

Postby RMXByker » March 22nd, 2021, 7:06 am

cjn1014 wrote:Was out yesterday. Still quite a bit of frost in the ground in the usual shaded areas. New trail system is “closed”, but I saw lots of new type people jumping into the trail system at mid-junction points and crossovers.

Agree. I was out yesterday and same. Lots of people out on the new stuff. I walked a short section of the new D loop at the end of the second half of the coaster and it was sloppy to say the least. However, I will say I seen at least 5 other riders that went to A, B entrance at the lot, seen the signs and continued up the 2 track. So there is a bit of hope!
http://www.BoughnerRacing.com

Stable
2015 Specialized S-Works Epic World Cup
RMXByker

Postby crustaceous_flora » March 26th, 2021, 9:50 pm

RIP Big Air
RIP Roller Coaster
RIP Back Nine
RIP Stony Creek
crustaceous_flora

Previous