CRAMBA: Bloomer

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: CRAMBA: Bloomer

Postby c0nsumer » April 26th, 2013, 10:53 pm

I'd say avoid Bloomer for the time being. Much of the trail is fine, but a lot is also greasy and wet. Give it time to dry out and things will be better. There are also quite a few downed trees in the area of the switchbacks and lower ridge.
Steve Vigneau
CRAMBA-IMBA Treasurer

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer

Postby mr_jason » May 2nd, 2013, 6:12 pm

Bloomer is in pretty good shape, a little soft in a few areas.
mr_jason

Postby bergsteiger » May 7th, 2013, 9:15 pm

Bloomer is still soft in a few areas. Some are drying out and others just seem about the same as Friday.
The worst of it is the section right after the parking lot/trailhead. There are a few other soft spots on the single track between the railroad grade and the cricket field.
There was also the wet spot on the big switchbacks were that seep is.

other than that there are a few trees down. @ on the single track between the railroad grade and the cricket field and one on the lower ridge.
bergsteiger

Postby AaronEvan » May 14th, 2013, 6:57 pm

Couldn't get out there today like I wanted. Maybe tomorrow. Hoping it doesn't rain
AaronEvan

Postby CraveSingletrack » May 31st, 2013, 4:39 pm

Image But I'm not a racer.
CraveSingletrack

Postby bh357 » June 4th, 2013, 8:24 pm

Just a few very small mud spots, but overall very good. The latest new addition is cool, but I don't have the cajones to ride the exit on that log ride.

I have a few suggestions/comments:
A short section of trail after the small switchbacks is blocked by a log. Is this legitimately closed now?
The exit to the reclaimed ridge trail is not singlespeed friendly. Otherwise, I love that addition.
Love the new finish to the upper ridge trail.
I'd like to see the exit to the lower ridge trail changed.
Although I miss the blazing fast power line section, I really dig the new singletrack which replaced it.

This trail has become my "go to" trail the past couple years. Kudos to the TCs for evolving and lengthening the trail while still keeping it challenging.
www.teamsandbag.com
www.mysinglespeed.com

"He didn't have to be drunk to be an a$$hole!" - Geff
bh357

Postby bh357 » June 4th, 2013, 8:25 pm

Oh, and they now want $60 for a non-resident annual pass :(
www.teamsandbag.com
www.mysinglespeed.com

"He didn't have to be drunk to be an a$$hole!" - Geff
bh357

Postby Rock N' Rolla » June 9th, 2013, 6:42 pm

I havent been to Bloomer since Last November.After reviewing the latest edition of the trail map, and Glancing at the thread here, am i to assume that the trail leaving park property at marker 19 to the left of the bridge( if you come in from CRT) is an unoffical designated trail part of the Bloomer trail? An, is ok to ride?I've been avoiding this section for the last two seasons, being under the impression that it was private property and a bandit rail.As bandit trails should be avoided.. like not riding aound mud puddles, but through them on the trail.I am plannihg to ride out there tomorrorw Morning, and wanted to check in to see if it was okay to leave park property to extend my ride there. Thanks!
Rock N' Rolla

Postby c0nsumer » June 9th, 2013, 7:26 pm

Rock N' Rolla wrote:I havent been to Bloomer since Last November.After reviewing the latest edition of the trail map, and Glancing at the thread here, am i to assume that the trail leaving park property at marker 19 to the left of the bridge( if you come in from CRT) is an unoffical designated trail part of the Bloomer trail? An, is ok to ride?I've been avoiding this section for the last two seasons, being under the impression that it was private property and a bandit rail.As bandit trails should be avoided.. like not riding aound mud puddles, but through them on the trail.I am plannihg to ride out there tomorrorw Morning, and wanted to check in to see if it was okay to leave park property to extend my ride there. Thanks!

That piece of property is owned by the City of Rochester, and I believe overseen by the parks department. It is NOT part of Bloomer.

That said, (my opinion ahead, backed up by law, see here) if it is not signed no trespassing (or telling you to stay out), fenced, or closed off then you are completely within your rights to go and ride there so long as you don't make any modifications to the land.

EDIT: Sorry, I misread here. The stuff north of #19 is Letica Corporation property, not City of Rochester stuff. The land with trails to the southeast of #19 and east of #18 is mostly City of Rochester.
Steve Vigneau
CRAMBA-IMBA Treasurer

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer

Postby jalopy jockey » June 9th, 2013, 7:33 pm

bh357 wrote:Oh, and they now want $60 for a non-resident annual pass :(

Nope a Bloomer/Yates anual card is $30 for resident and non resident alike and is valid on multiple vehicles. A Rochester Hills parks sticker is $30 resident/$60 non resident and also allows access to Spencer park which is our beach.

Bloomer cannot charge a higher rate for non residents as it a condition fo sale from the state.

http://rochesterhills.org/index.aspx?NID=453
I guess I'm lacking mental clarity because I don't smoke pot. " - Di Bear
jalopy jockey

Postby barroo » June 9th, 2013, 8:05 pm

Bloomer is in great shape.
"I leave the symbols to the symbol minded" - George Carlin
barroo

Postby PK » June 20th, 2013, 7:41 pm

Real nice tonight.
Just a couple of damp corners. Not really any greasy spots to speak of.
Pete.
PK

Postby mrbikester » June 21st, 2013, 6:53 pm

Rita and I rode the Bloomer trails for first time this year today. Had the Tailwind race course map and tried to ride the right trails. A couple trees down on upper ridge trail. Very large one at end where hairpin turn is. Trails on the flats near the river in great shape. Really enjoyed a lot of the newer tails out there. Great job by the people who have worked hard there. Thank You.
mrbikester

Postby Kirby » June 24th, 2013, 9:42 pm

There are a total of 4 trees down on the course. Several big ones that will require a chainsaw. I ride the trail all the time so I can volunteer to help :)
2011 Specialized S-Works Stumpjumper HT
2013 Salsa El Mariachi Single Speed - Limited Edition
2013 Salsa Vaya 2
2014 Specialized Crux Expert
2014 Specialized Fatboy Comp
2014 Specialized Camber Carbon Comp
2016 Kona Ute
Kirby

Postby bergsteiger » July 12th, 2013, 11:30 am

checked out Bloomer last night.
Some soft to mucky spots between the railroad bed and the cricket field. the worst was just before and after on of the bridges.
the area after the Cricket field was pretty firm.

the one seep on the big switch backs was mucky.

there was one tree down on the descent from the stair climb. hand saw + bug spray would do it there, but I did not have my saw with me yesterday.
bergsteiger

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions