CRAMBA: Bloomer

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: CRAMBA: Bloomer

Postby Steve_Kinley » September 6th, 2013, 9:07 pm

Thanks for the trail work
Hammer Nutrition Endurance Fuels and Supplements
Save 15% off your first order by clicking the link below!
http://www.hammernutrition.com/affiliates/34155
http://www.miscabike.org
Steve_Kinley

Postby bergsteiger » September 19th, 2013, 8:24 pm

bergsteiger wrote:Went out last night.
There is a tree down in the lung buster, then a low hanger/leaner in the last bit of single track before the big switchbacks.
I am going to try and get out this evening to take care of those.

other than that the trail was open and nice.

Cut out these two trees this evening. Thanks to Ron (I hope I remembered your name right) who helped with the pesky one that kept binding my saw. The low hanger was really good to cut out as it was barely hanging waiting to fall, better to get it out before it hurt anyone.

As far as I know the trail should be clear.
bergsteiger

Postby bergsteiger » October 1st, 2013, 10:26 pm

Lateapex36 wrote:Went and rode bloomer saturday and the trail was in great shape, a little bit of mud on the initial climb section but that seems to always be there. I have only made it through lung buster normaly when we ride there and maybe its just me but I got completely lost right after that saturday. I know you come up near the velodrome after that section but then I dont see any other yellow markings for MTB trail. after looking at the map it seems I'm supposed to stay right then find more single track but perhaps another sign or 2 wouldnt hurt. We stayed on the 2 track and did pass 12 where the upper ridge trail is but didnt see a sign there either so I wasnt sure where to go. I'm sure once you know where you are going its not to hard but for someone new to that trail its a bit confusing.

I went out to check up the trail today. At the end of the lung buster there is a carsonite sign pointing right, but there is one Y intersection that could use a sign, between that point at a 4 way intersection there is a carsonite sign pointing right on a 2 track, the another sign pointing left onto the single track. That leads to post 12. You can also go straight down the 2 track to post 12 too.

That all said we do have a proposal in to update the markings on the white numbered posts, to bring it in line with the yellow carsonite. We also have plans for a re-route in that area as well so marking will likely need to be updated/adjusted near there as well.

For a general trail update the trail is clear, there are a few soft spots on the single track coming up from the railroad grade. Also some areas are damp and leaf covered but not really wet.
Great fall conditions go out and enjoy the trail.
bergsteiger

Postby PK » November 1st, 2013, 4:50 am

PK

Postby Lateapex36 » November 4th, 2013, 11:32 am

Rode yesterday, a few muddy spots on the 2 track from CRT and a few other spots on the initial single track. Once you get past by the cricket field its pretty good. Cleared one fallen tree near the 2 marker, just dragged it off the trail. Other than a lot of leaves out there making it interesting to see the trail it was in pretty good shape.
2013 Trek Mamba
Stony, Maybury, River Bends, Bloomer
Lateapex36

Postby Lateapex36 » November 11th, 2013, 7:32 am

Rode saturday, there is a pretty big tree down on the 2 track coming from clinton river trail and some muddy spots on the first lower section of single track. Also looks like someone cleared the leaves off of the whole single track trail, AWESOME WORK!!!
2013 Trek Mamba
Lateapex36

Postby lunge bob sweatpants » December 7th, 2013, 11:52 am

I cut through a portion of Bloomer yesterday. There are two large trees down on the wide trail below the Ridge trails that require dismount. Both will require a chainsaw. The fallen tree that has been leaning over the stair-step climb (closer to to the exit at the fence) is leaning a lot lower and I think will eventually need to be cut up, again will require a chainsaw.

I could not notify that park as no one was there notify.
lunge bob sweatpants

Postby Jen_Smith11 » April 17th, 2014, 1:40 pm

Any updates on this trail? Was thinking about heading out on Monday, but wasn't sure the trails were desirable.
live in the now

Trek Mamba 29er
Trek Lexa SLX
Jen_Smith11

Postby bergsteiger » April 17th, 2014, 8:07 pm

well we rode about half the trail today, but ran out of light. The small bit of single track by the river was the worst on what we saw. We rode the section from the old RR grade up to the cricket field. I cut out 6 trees and moved a few other leaners. there are still 2 trees down, both worthy of a larger saw than I had with me today. One right after the longer bridge and another just before the uphill switchbacks. Most of this section was fine, there were a few mud holes and stretches of soft ground, there are also small sticks everywhere.

We also exited via the big switchback and lower ridge, there is a tree down on each. The tree on the big switchbacks is blocking the trail in 2 places (was 3), but we were running out of light to get the rest of that one done. Surface wise most of this section was fine to soft but not muddy, just that one wet corner in the large switchbacks is a mess.
The tree towards the east end of the lower ridge is really *beep* big, not terrible long but very wide.

I hope to get back out tomorrow to survey the rest and continue cutting out trees.
Last edited by bergsteiger on April 18th, 2014, 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bergsteiger

Postby AaronEvan » June 10th, 2014, 2:57 pm

Anyone know conditions? Hoping to hit it after work
AaronEvan

Postby keving98 » August 7th, 2014, 8:48 pm

There is a new section that bypasses the section that is falling into the river along the river portion of the trail. Someone fell into the river (actually fell onto the gravel below) trying to ride through the 3 foot section that is nearly completely gone while I was cutting in the new section (he was sore but fine). Also, if anyone wanted the mini-refrigerator that was back there, you had your chance -- it's in a landfill somewhere by now.

TSTG
keving98

Postby Lateapex36 » August 10th, 2014, 4:00 pm

Other than the few spots that never dry out the trail was in great shape today. Some sandy spots and looks like someone built a couple ramps also. The log pile in the second section after the parking lot is now a ramp with a gap to a down ramp, didn't expect that since it used to just be a log pile you could roll over.
2013 Trek Mamba
Lateapex36

Postby BK big fish » August 15th, 2014, 10:26 am

large tree down on the middle ledge, right after the switch backs.
BK big fish

Postby bergsteiger » September 22nd, 2014, 2:59 pm

headed out to check out that tree this evening
bergsteiger

Postby c0nsumer » March 17th, 2015, 8:37 pm

It's still not trail-riding conditions, and what's that mean? Time for a new map!

CRAMBA-IMBA is proud to announce a new map of Bloomer and the surrounding area: http://mmba.org/library/maps/bloomer/latest.pdf

Enjoy!
Steve Vigneau
CRAMBA-IMBA Treasurer

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions