CRAMBA: Bloomer

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: CRAMBA: Bloomer

Postby Trance » May 8th, 2018, 7:22 am

Monday night, rode in from the CRT, went from marker 20 around to just before the lung buster (marker 9). There was more mud than I expected (hiked around a few spots), a couple of impassable down'd trees (need chainsaw), and lots of dead wood debris. I cleared quite a bit of the trail, but there is a lot more sill out there. Needs a day or so more to dry out.

Quick shout out to Dave on the Stance. PM me if you wanna ride down to Bloomer together. ~Rich
Trance

Postby Trance » June 1st, 2018, 8:51 am

Rode most of Bloomer on Thursday evening. Some mud, but ride-able. Any trail days planned here?
Trance

Postby Trance » July 10th, 2018, 9:47 am

I rode about 1/2 the singletrack yesterday, also ran the stairs for a bit. The trail is in good shape, nice and dry. The only issue now is that its slightly overgrown in spots. are there any upcoming trail days planned here?
Trance

Postby Trance » July 14th, 2018, 7:05 pm

Found a Bell Taillight at Bloomer. It's grey and is missing the back. The back is probably still clipped to your saddle bag. It still works 100%. Happy to meet up to return it. Found it on the connector trail from Clinton River Trail to Bloomer park, right by the bridge. PM me if it's yours.
Trance

Postby Halvey » August 2nd, 2018, 9:21 am

Hi! First time poster here.

Was hoping (planning) to ride Bloomer today after work. Do we think it's rideable after Tuesday night's rain, or no way?
Halvey

Postby Trance » August 8th, 2018, 8:27 am

Rode about 3-4 miles of Bloomer yesterday, some slick corners but mostly perfect. There is a chain saw tree down across the trail at about intersection #2 I think. Its right where the trail crosses a wide 2 track near to/east of the cricket field. I cleared a few other branches, but this one was too big to move myself.
Trance

Postby Trance » October 3rd, 2018, 7:52 am

Tuesday 10/2, biked from the Clinton River Trail into Bloomer, 2 track has some really muddy spots, especially by the stairs and lower ridge traverse, did not even try the singletrack. Lots of rain in the forecast too, might be a while til it's dry.
Trance

Postby Trance » November 4th, 2018, 12:26 pm

Has anyone been to Bloomer this weekend? muddy? probably right? Bueller? Bueller? If you've been out there report back please.

UPDATE: I went and rode in from the Clinton River Trail, rode about 1/2 of the single track. It was mostly dry and leaf covered. Some slick corners but all in all it was in very good condition.
Trance

Postby Trance » November 15th, 2018, 8:02 am

I came from Clinton River Trail on in and did about 1/2 of it the singletrack on Wednesday 11/14. Besides my toes being cold, it was perfect on the normal 2.25 tires. Mostly leafy/frozen mixed with some leafy/wet. Fun time of year to bike! also fun to talk to myself here on the message board ... page 59 seems like a conversation with myself since May! Priceless.
Trance

Postby c0nsumer » November 15th, 2018, 9:02 am

Trance wrote:I came from Clinton River Trail on in and did about 1/2 of it the singletrack on Wednesday 11/14. Besides my toes being cold, it was perfect on the normal 2.25 tires. Mostly leafy/frozen mixed with some leafy/wet. Fun time of year to bike! also fun to talk to myself here on the message board ... page 59 seems like a conversation with myself since May! Priceless.

Most trail conditions have moved to Facebook via the SE Michigan Trail Conditions. The MMBA Forum has become a backwater in recent years.
Steve Vigneau
CRAMBA-IMBA Treasurer

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer

Postby Trance » May 9th, 2019, 2:14 pm

Yesterday, rode the Clinton River Trail into Bloomer park, took a look at the official MTB route, looked muddy from what I could see. The 2 track was OK, but mostly dryish. The singletrack is gonna need some time to get dried out. More rain today certainly isn't helping.
Trance

Postby Trance » June 20th, 2019, 9:39 am

on Wed 6/19, I rode from Marker 20 to the singletrack near Marker 22, rode the singletrack all the way past the start and down to about the tech loop. There are some muddy spots that I had to walk, but the rest was in descent shape. Didn't do Lung Buster, Ridge or Switchbacks sections though. Big fat tree is down that looks like it's base is on the Lower Ridge and it fell downhill onto the 2 track at the bottom. You can get by barely on the 2 track, not sure about the Lower Ridge. Will need a chainsaw to clear.
Trance

Postby wrob » July 10th, 2019, 12:19 pm

Tree down in lower section of Tech Loop, multiple cuts needed, chainsaw
would work best..
wrob

Postby Trance » July 12th, 2019, 7:30 am

Trail is dry with a couple exceptions. Even the usual mud holes are mostly dry. There is a widow maker hanging over the trail right before the tech loop ... 12-15"ish diameter. Are there any trail days scheduled for Bloomer? One idea I had was to extent the wood bridge in the area past marker 22. The current bridge is great, but needs to be about 2x longer to clear all of the low/mud/root zone there. Happy to help with trail maintenance, please post any plans on this forum.
Trance

Postby Steve_Kinley » August 1st, 2019, 12:13 pm

MiSCA will be holding a race on the trails Oct 13th. I would expect that a lot of scholastic MTB teams will be visiting the trail in preparation for the race. Please be courteous if passing or being passed.
Hammer Nutrition Endurance Fuels and Supplements
Save 15% off your first order by clicking the link below!
http://www.hammernutrition.com/affiliates/34155
http://www.miscabike.org
Steve_Kinley

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions