MCMBA: Maybury

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: MCMBA: Maybury

Postby vas » April 15th, 2019, 7:59 pm

Great conditions! There was a big group riding out there! Looking for a group to ride with, do you guys meet out there often? Looking for more?
vas

Postby Whatgoesup » April 18th, 2019, 10:56 am

For Maybury MTB Trail Day event this Saturday, weather forecast looks like there is a decent chance of rain. We will check forecast again tomorrow, and make a cancellation announcement by Friday evening if necessary. You can follow event status at following link if you'd like.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1870790453050116/
Whatgoesup

Postby chisbang » April 19th, 2019, 12:56 pm

Due to the dismal weather forecast for tomorrow and the accumulated rain from this week, this trail day is canceled. Sorry.
Don Chisholm
McMBA Trail Coordinator Maybury State Park
Maybury Hermit; keeping an eye on the trail
chisbang@gmail.com
chisbang

Postby c0nsumer » April 19th, 2019, 2:02 pm

chisbang wrote:Due to the dismal weather forecast for tomorrow and the accumulated rain from this week, this trail day is canceled. Sorry.

We cancelled the Stony Creek one as well. Super wet ground and cold+rain tomorrow. :(
Steve Vigneau
CRAMBA-IMBA Treasurer

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer

Postby Excelsior » April 22nd, 2019, 8:36 am

I just did the entire Maybury run yesterday evening, the conditions were good, except for one muddy section near the swamp. Today should be great for sure.
Excelsior

Postby steveracer » April 22nd, 2019, 6:04 pm

Excelsior wrote:I just did the entire Maybury run yesterday evening, the conditions were good, except for one muddy section near the swamp. Today should be great for sure.

Thanks for the tip - I went there to ride. Awesome day. Keep posting here on the forum, not all are on facechat.
Hope is not a good strategy.
steveracer

Postby WICCMB » April 23rd, 2019, 8:56 am

As of 4/22 @ 7:30pm, the only wet area was the problem low spot after the Beck Rd trailhead. The rest of the trail was great!

Hopefully, this particular area will be improved in the future (improved drainage, perhaps a gravel infusion?)
WICCMB
Administrator

Postby b_b » April 24th, 2019, 8:07 am

WICCMB wrote:As of 4/22 @ 7:30pm, the only wet area was the problem low spot after the Beck Rd trailhead. The rest of the trail was great!

Hopefully, this particular area will be improved in the future (improved drainage, perhaps a gravel infusion?)

Agree trail is generally draining/drying great except this area and another small area about half mile back before the paved crossing.
b_b

Postby StarToaster » April 26th, 2019, 2:29 pm

Trail conditions today are a no go. Too wet. I didn't even ride the trail just stayed on the paved path. I saw spots of the trail from the paved path and there is a lot of mud.
StarToaster

Postby chisbang » April 28th, 2019, 4:32 pm

WICCMB wrote:As of 4/22 @ 7:30pm, the only wet area was the problem low spot after the Beck Rd trailhead. The rest of the trail was great!

It's on my radar, I think better drainage is the solution.
Don Chisholm
chisbang@gmail.com
chisbang

Postby chisbang » April 28th, 2019, 5:05 pm

Registration is now open for the REI National Trails Day work day at Maybury, Saturday June 1rst. They do projects throughout the park but you can chose to work on the mountain bike trail crew.
You'll get a T-shirt and lunch. McMBA supplies the tools.

Register here : https://www.rei.com/events/9999/volunteer-atsupplies%20-maybury-for-national-trails-day/241258
Don Chisholm
chisbang@gmail.com
chisbang

Postby jnwbiker » May 5th, 2019, 8:18 pm

chisbang wrote:Registration is now open for the REI National Trails Day work day at Maybury, Saturday June 1rst. They do projects throughout the park but you can chose to work on the mountain bike trail crew.
You'll get a T-shirt and lunch. McMBA supplies the tools.

Register here : https://www.rei.com/events/9999/volunteer-atsupplies%20-maybury-for-national-trails-day/241258

Thx. Signed up myself and the boy.

Also... Double 6” tree down on the “hard” alternate at around 5mi mark. Couldn’t push it out of the way, will need a chain saw.

-jw
"Never argue with an idiot in public. Bystanders may not know who is who." - Unknown
jnwbiker

Postby StarToaster » May 6th, 2019, 9:22 am

jnwbiker wrote:Also... Double 6” tree down on the “hard” alternate at around 5mi mark. Couldn’t push it out of the way, will need a chain saw.
-jw

I was out on Saturday and trail conditions were perfect. I can also confirm the tree was down blocking the "hard" route around the 5mi mark.
StarToaster

Postby chisbang » May 8th, 2019, 12:27 pm

StarToaster wrote:
jnwbiker wrote:Also... Double 6” tree down on the “hard” alternate at around 5mi mark. Couldn’t push it out of the way, will need a chain saw.
-jw

I was out on Saturday and trail conditions were perfect. I can also confirm the tree was down blocking the "hard" route around the 5mi mark.

I looked for it today but couldn't find it. First or second rock pile set?
Don Chisholm
chisbang@gmail.com
chisbang

Postby jnwbiker » May 8th, 2019, 2:10 pm

chisbang wrote:I looked for it today but couldn't find it. First or second rock pile set?

Past those. It's the one that has 2 "hard" alternates to the left with log overs etc.

-jw
"Never argue with an idiot in public. Bystanders may not know who is who." - Unknown
jnwbiker

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions