MCMBA: Maybury

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Postby abbeytrails » August 13th, 2004, 10:36 am

"with the flow of the bikes" I have little problem with. This lady was coming right at me around a blind curve. Had I hit her, who would have been at fault? Probably me, eh?

I also have an issue with the deer in the park. For some reason recently they have been hanging out on the trail. I say we shoot the deer and get on with our lives. Everyone with me?

Just kidding, deer are cool! Don't sick PETA on me!

Sb
abbeytrails

Postby Liquid » August 13th, 2004, 11:27 am

I love to see deer when I ride
Liquid

Postby Double_D » August 13th, 2004, 11:42 am

Some of the new trail put in this year was routed on already existing deer trials. :shock: So it looks like we are going have to share it with them. 8) :lol: Besides it there trail anyway! :lol:
AKA Dangerous Dan
Double_D

Postby marinman » August 14th, 2004, 9:34 pm

Was out at Maybury today and saw 2 DNR officers walking the trail and trimming it. Most of the stuff they were taking down were the low hanging branches and some of the trees hanging over the trail. They skipped the low hanging one toward the end of the trail. Not sure if they came back for it.
marinman

Postby hockeydaddy » August 16th, 2004, 1:40 pm

Abbeytrails wrote:"with the flow of the bikes" I have little problem with. This lady was coming right at me around a blind curve. Had I hit her, who would have been at fault? Probably me, eh?

I also have an issue with the deer in the park. For some reason recently they have been hanging out on the trail. I say we shoot the deer and get on with our lives. Everyone with me?

Just kidding, deer are cool! Don't sick PETA on me!

Sb

The deer are too cool!!!! Two years ago I was whipping down the trail and spooked one and he skampered of only to find ou that he planted himself right were I was turning and I slammed em up and her hind quarters were the only thing that stopped me from endoing into the dirt. Thank God she was turned side ways :shock:
Some people are alive today simply because it's against the law to kill them.......
Mountain Biker

http://hockeydaddy.blogspot.com/

http://www.teamtreefarm.com/
hockeydaddy

Postby Sherpaboy » August 16th, 2004, 2:21 pm

DNR helping out...I was told the DNR was helping us take out the downed tree in the Sanatorium this weekend. I also asked about fixing the low hanging tree at the end of the added loop (boy scout bridge area).

For those riding this section, be careful when you go under the low hanging tree as it has Poison Ivy on the underside (vine form)...

Mike
Mike AKA Sherpaboy
Sherpaboy

Postby marinman » August 16th, 2004, 8:57 pm

You mean the one they took out?

BTW, the tree at the end of the extendo loop is gone. As is the downed tree in the new reroute (bypassing the old downhill before the end of the trailhead)
marinman

Postby Sherpaboy » August 18th, 2004, 3:04 pm

yes....It is gone now.
Mike AKA Sherpaboy
Sherpaboy

Maybury in great condition!

Postby chelemae » August 19th, 2004, 8:58 am

Rode the trail last nite - it's dry and in great condition -
chelemae

Mayburry is great today (8/26/04)

Postby newrp01 » August 26th, 2004, 6:48 pm

I just hit Mayburry and last night's rain didn't seem to have affected the terrain that much. The sunny day really helped though. Have fun.
newrp01

Postby Sherpaboy » August 26th, 2004, 7:48 pm

good news...Glad to see the drainage is helping and the ground has rebounded to being absorbant again

Thanks for the updates

Mike
Mike AKA Sherpaboy
Sherpaboy

Postby RideCannondale » September 13th, 2004, 7:18 am

Trail is in pretty good condition. It is nice to see some of the colors SLOWLY starting to come out in the leaves... No down trees, no mud..... Not to Schabby!!!
Make me a bicycle... Clown...
RideCannondale

Postby ?andyA » October 10th, 2004, 9:16 pm

I rode out there this afternoon. Couldn't've asked for a better day. The trail was in beautiful shape, the colors are bursting out, and the weather made it all worthwhile.

?andyA

Postby Sherpaboy » October 28th, 2004, 11:14 am

Dave and I had a good meeting with Maybury staff today. We have several projects slated for late this season or early next year to get rid of some of the annual problem spots (mostly wetlands) and work towards and advanced loop or by-passes.

We'll keep everyone informed as to progress and workdays.

Mike
Mike AKA Sherpaboy
Sherpaboy

Maybury contacts for a night ride

Postby bheldke » November 3rd, 2004, 11:48 am

Who is in charge who would allow us to have a night ride at Maybury--anybody know?
bennie
bheldke

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions