MCMBA: Maybury

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: MCMBA: Maybury

Postby steveracer » April 7th, 2021, 10:36 am

crustaceous_flora wrote:Glad to see that some of the recent cheap lines were closed off. Now only if someone closed off the weak line going around the "field goal" trees, and the one on the second half completely avoiding that short rooty downhill into the rock launch, smh
As mountain bikers that kinda know how to ride, we need to work on being less arrogant, less certain, less defensive, less ignorant and more humble.

Let there be cheater lines, paved pathways and electric motorbikes for everyone.

So before that happens, I better get my ass out there and ride, like a cowboy! [emoji1][emoji1][emoji1][emoji8]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hope is not a good strategy.
steveracer

Postby Hail2Victors » April 7th, 2021, 12:51 pm

I couldn't agree more. Every Spring it seems like there are complaints about easier lines. Feel free to take the hardest lines you can find. But also please be welcoming to new riders and encourage more riding. Maybe also, help new riders understand etiquette and when and where to ride without bullying them about it. I can tell you, I had unbelievable fellow riders who taught me, rather than complain about what I was doing wrong.
Hail2Victors

Postby Hail2Victors » April 7th, 2021, 12:56 pm

steveracer wrote:
crustaceous_flora wrote:Glad to see that some of the recent cheap lines were closed off. Now only if someone closed off the weak line going around the "field goal" trees, and the one on the second half completely avoiding that short rooty downhill into the rock launch, smh
As mountain bikers that kinda know how to ride, we need to work on being less arrogant, less certain, less defensive, less ignorant and more humble.

Let there be cheater lines, paved pathways and electric motorbikes for everyone.

So before that happens, I better get my ass out there and ride, like a cowboy! [emoji1][emoji1][emoji1][emoji8]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I couldn't agree more. Every Spring it seems like there are complaints about easier lines. Feel free to take the hardest lines you can find. But also please be welcoming to new riders and encourage more riding. Maybe also, help new riders understand etiquette and when and where to ride without bullying them about it. I can tell you, I had unbelievable fellow riders who taught me, rather than complain about what I was doing wrong.
Hail2Victors

Postby Mattwings » April 9th, 2021, 2:30 pm

I believe one of those "cheater lines" around the steep drop was intentional for a bypass around the drop for less experienced riders. I try and stay on the established trail, but if someone rides the trail for the first time, how do they know what a "cheater line" is? If it's established and it was there from the first time I rode it is it a cheater line"? I personally don't like the field goal trees and I almost always take the outside line. I won't claim KOM any time I use it :) Hoping it is good today! After my ride, I will try and report.
Mattwings

Postby BLOOMIS914 » September 2nd, 2021, 9:34 pm

Trail was mint tonight. Lots of recent rain washed out so much sand and exposed a lot of roots but also left total hardpack behind in many notorious beach sand corners. Enjoy.
BLOOMIS914

Postby dhosinsk01 » April 2nd, 2022, 12:59 pm

How is the trail? Is anyone riding it?
dhosinsk01

Postby BLOOMIS914 » June 26th, 2022, 7:55 pm

Trail perfect today. Watch for wrong way hikers with earbuds in not paying attention.
I found a bike computer on the asphalt near the flag pole. The screen is smashed badly after being run over by a few cars it appears. Please contact me if you want to claim.
BLOOMIS914

Previous

Return to Trail Conditions