Western: Cannonsburg SGA

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

CSGA Closing

Postby Guppie » September 13th, 2005, 9:31 pm

This trail closes on Wednesday. Does that mean I can ride Wednesday then its done or is it closed for good on Wednesday, thus can't ride.
Guppie

Postby John_H » September 14th, 2005, 5:57 am

Small game hunting season opens on Sept 15. You can ride right up until hunting starts - you can ride on the 14th.
John_H

Postby duotone » September 20th, 2005, 3:23 pm

Oops, a not so friendly hunter near the end of my ride on the 15th told me... glad I wore my bright colored jersey.

Tony
duotone

Postby Gripshift » September 21st, 2005, 2:39 pm

duotone wrote:Oops, a not so friendly hunter near the end of my ride on the 15th told me... glad I wore my bright colored jersey.

Tony

Yeah, we are lucky that we can ride there at all. If you are in the area check out Canonsburg Ski area. It's up to ALL riders to check the dates trails are open and to find out what direction the trail goes. If you check the Trail Guide on this site it will say that the State Game Area is still open under the Trail Menu. By clicking on the link to the trail, open dates are listed.
Bikes are great! http://bmxmuseum.com/
Gripshift

Postby Todd Scott » September 21st, 2005, 2:44 pm

Thanks, Gripshift. I think you found a Trail Guide bug. I've manually set the trail to closed.
Todd Scott

Postby John_H » September 21st, 2005, 7:20 pm

I'm always amazed at how many riders don't realize the game area closes. There are 2 or 3 signs at the main parking lot, and one at each road crossing entrance. They are 8.5x11" with a big bike, a red circle and line through it - saying closed to bicyles from Sept 15 thru Jan 31. They are up year round.
John_H

Postby duotone » October 14th, 2005, 8:41 am

Yeah, yeah, yeah.... Things on my mind as I'm going to go biking:

1: Biking
2: How much time I have to bike
3: What I have to do after biking
4: Making the tight turn into the parking area
5: How many people are here
6: Is my riding partner here
7: Man I love biking

I'm not looking for a sign hardly visible that's got a 12 point font and sure there's a bike on it but it doesn't do me any good when I don't see the sign. Maybe the sign should be in the parking area because as I pull in I don't even see the sign.

Just a suggestion. I know you don't put the main sign up but I bet more would read it if it wasn't on the road.
duotone

Open?

Postby duotone » January 4th, 2006, 4:20 pm

When does Cannonsburg open again?
duotone

Re: Open?

Postby Tattooed_Dave » January 4th, 2006, 4:29 pm

duotone wrote:When does Cannonsburg open again?

John_H wrote:I'm always amazed at how many riders don't realize the game area closes. There are 2 or 3 signs at the main parking lot, and one at each road crossing entrance. They are 8.5x11" with a big bike, a red circle and line through it - saying closed to bicyles from Sept 15 thru Jan 31. They are up year round.

hope that answers your question
its all about the pain the ink is just a souvenir

procrastinators of the world unite!!! tomorrow

el acero es verdadero

www.beatthetrain.com
http://www.cycletofitness.com/
Tattooed_Dave

Postby Mike_D » January 4th, 2006, 6:03 pm

Tattooed_Dave wrote:

John_H wrote:I'm always amazed at how many riders don't realize the game area closes. There are 2 or 3 signs at the main parking lot, and one at each road crossing entrance. They are 8.5x11" with a big bike, a red circle and line through it - saying closed to bicyles from Sept 15 thru Jan 31. They are up year round.

But then again.... I have my western chapter MMBA newsletter in front of me which states to wait until March 1st. So when does it actually open again :?: :? :roll:
Mike_D

Postby seether » January 4th, 2006, 8:23 pm

mntn-biker wrote:
Tattooed_Dave wrote:

But then again.... I have my western chapter MMBA newsletter in front of me which states to wait until March 1st. So when does it actually open again :?: :? :roll:

This was my mistake. it should have read February 1st, i must have skipped a month in my mind in hopes af an early arrival of spring. so yes, it is an official opening day of feb. 1st. sorry about that.

it is open to cross country skiers as of Jan 1st if you want to ski in sand...
If you wish to study a granfalloon, just remove the skin of a toy balloon.?Bokonon
seether

Postby redrabbit » February 1st, 2006, 9:32 pm

FEB 1...It's Open. Need to change the Trail Guide.

Anyone out for a first day ride? Thinking about it this weekend and wondering how the trail is :?:

Thx
redrabbit

Postby Crash & Burn » February 2nd, 2006, 1:23 am

Probably Very muddy. You might want to wait awhile for it it dry up some more.
Crash & Burn

Cannonsburg

Postby jjlewis » February 2nd, 2006, 5:54 pm

Went out in early AM. Not too muddy. Great to get back on the trail.
jjlewis

Postby John_H » February 2nd, 2006, 7:15 pm

It's going to be hit and miss for a while - just like anywhere in west michigan now. Could change from frozen hard dirt to goo within hours. Nice thing about cannonsburg game area is that you can ride some nice dirt roads in the area if the trail isn't ready to ride. Early am is definitely the best time to get out there this time of year. Please use your best judgement. Tire scars really make us look bad to other users.
John_H

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions