Poto: Brighton

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

BRIGHTON :)

Postby Lil » August 19th, 2004, 5:02 pm

Just rode Torn Shirt and Murray Wednesday . . . .THANKS TO ALL THE HARD work that went into trail day this past Saturday, Torn Shirt is in AWESOME SHAPE!!!! It's totally to fast and furious!!!!! :shock: GREAT WORK OUT THERE, THANK YOU Poto chapter for all their hard work :D
Lil

Big tree down on torn shirt

Postby konarider » August 30th, 2004, 7:45 pm

A big tree is down on torn shirt at the beginning of the ride. The tree has three forks in it so you have to manuever your bike through it. I tried moving it myself but I'm not exactly Arnold.
konarider

Torn Shirt -- pretty rough....Murray lake is great....

Postby BigfootDenny » September 8th, 2004, 9:34 pm

I rode Torn Shirt Tuesday, Sept. 7th... it's in pretty rough shape. The combination of heavy erosion of the v-channeled downhill areas and exposure of tree roots has made the usual downhill areas pretty treacherous to unsuspecting riders... To make things worse, the trail is sandier than I've seen in the past too. It's still quite rideable -- but I'd say it's definitely got some more technical challenge than in recent times. Be sure to keep your weight back on the ledges / roots going downhill --

Murray Lake is in excellent condition -- and as usual, drains better than any other trail I ride. Erosion problems are very limited -- and sand is limited to a few fun areas....
BigfootDenny

Mury Lake condition on dec 9 (thrus)

Postby Roy » December 11th, 2004, 7:34 am

Mury Lake had very few mud spots 2 days after he it rained. The Wind pulled down 1 tree over the trail at 5.2 mile mark. It was to big for me to move. So, a saw is needed. It should be removed becasue it is around a blind turn and you could get impailed if you try to go around it at speed.
If you riding fast be ready to stop after 5 miles.
Roy

Postby jozwikjp » January 15th, 2005, 5:56 pm

Trail is in great shape.. Nice and frozen..

Note to hunters... Bite ME..

Just because you have extra shells in your shotgun does not mean you have to expel them on our signs. To stupid rednecks!
The internet; "where the men are men, the women are men, and the 13 year old girls are FBI agents."
-Someone
jozwikjp

Postby Phresh » January 15th, 2005, 9:32 pm

jozwikjp wrote:Trail is in great shape.. Nice and frozen..

Note to hunters... Bite ME..

Just because you have extra shells in your shotgun does not mean you have to expel them on our signs. To stupid rednecks!

Frozen as in ice, or frozen as in solid ground?
Jekyll / IF / Stinky D
Phresh

Postby jozwikjp » January 16th, 2005, 6:19 pm

Frozen ground Did torn shirt today both trails in great shape.. I have studded tires so I had better traction then in the summer.. But it was easy going up all the hills cause the great grip of the frozen ground. There was some Ice but mostly frozen ground.
The internet; "where the men are men, the women are men, and the 13 year old girls are FBI agents."
-Someone
jozwikjp

Postby Phresh » January 16th, 2005, 7:38 pm

Studs necessary?
Jekyll / IF / Stinky D
Phresh

Postby jozwikjp » January 16th, 2005, 8:03 pm

No still be good without studs. Just be more cautious. the parking lot has more ice then anything..
-Someone
jozwikjp

3/31/05 Poto Trail Condition Report

Postby PotoKing » March 31st, 2005, 10:29 am

I checked out a mile of trail last night. There's still many muddy and soft spot, with ice and snow on shaded north slopes. I would say that this weekend is out. If the weather stays warm and dry, it may be ready in a week.

Overall, the winter has been good to the trail...only a couple of "pizza cutting" have riden the trail so far. If people stay off the trail this weekend, the trail will be sweet in mid April.
PotoKing

Postby jozwikjp » April 4th, 2005, 6:24 pm

The trail is good to go no mud
-Someone
jozwikjp

Postby Pruski » April 4th, 2005, 9:35 pm

I was riding the cross bike on Baur Road, I jump on the trail to avoid the dust and the conditions were excellent!

I marked it open!
Pruski

Postby MountainMike » April 4th, 2005, 9:57 pm

Pruski wrote:I was riding the cross bike on Baur Road, I jump on the trail to avoid the dust and the conditions were excellent!

I marked it open!

YAY!!!! All day I was thinking about my ride tommorrow morning and I kept thinking "PLRA is going to be really fun tommorrow, but I wish Brighton was open"! so this is great news, I'm switching up plans. If anyone is interested in riding out there let me know.
~Mike

Every reality was once a possibility
MountainMike

Postby Joz » April 6th, 2005, 6:04 pm

Both trails are in great shape. Be sure to clear a few sticks off the trails while you ride bye.

WARNING: At the end of 'long loop' on Murray (about 1/10th of a mile before it merges back with 'short loop') there is an uphill turn to the right. Adjacent to that turn (actually partially cutting off the turn if you took it wide) there is a large downfall covered with that I believe might be poison oak...at least I've been told the very hairy looking vines are poison oak. Disclaimer: I'm an engineer not a horticulturist. Anyway approach with caution.
Joz

Postby Lyons » April 7th, 2005, 8:46 am

Both Torn Shirt and Murray were excellent Wednesday afternoon (rode with Joz). I'd just add that there is conciderable leaf litter ON the trial. While it provided a nice extra cushion layer and hid any major pot-holes, it will make things very slick if wet.

ENJOY!

Mark
It's good to be outside!
Lyons

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions