MCMBA: Highland

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: MCMBA: Highland

Postby largemelon » October 17th, 2017, 9:00 am

While I believe the trail coordinator is aware, here is/was the tree down/traffic report for yesterday (did not touch C and D loops):

- near mile mark 1.5, 3, 3.5, 4 and one more just past the B loop shortcut

Tim R.
MCMBA patroller
largemelon

Postby tmbrown » October 17th, 2017, 11:26 am

Cleared all of the trees mentioned above, plus one on D loop, pretty sure everything clear, unless something came down after I rode through late Sunday.

There are a lot of small branches down… Sure would be nice if everybody could help out with those…
tmbrown

Postby amadkins » October 19th, 2017, 5:48 pm

Popped into C Loop for a quick one. One leaner branch at about chest level. I broke off most of it, but it's got a precarious looking dead tree across the top of it.

Also the end of a dead tree about 12" in diameter just covering the trail about halfway through.
amadkins

Postby ahopkins1988 » October 20th, 2017, 8:44 am

amadkins wrote:Popped into C Loop for a quick one. One leaner branch at about chest level. I broke off most of it, but it's got a precarious looking dead tree across the top of it.

Also the end of a dead tree about 12" in diameter just covering the trail about halfway through.

Is there direct access to C?
--
Andrew

2011 Trek Mamba 29er, 2003 Trek 4500
ahopkins1988

Postby c0nsumer » October 20th, 2017, 8:54 am

ahopkins1988 wrote:
amadkins wrote:Popped into C Loop for a quick one. One leaner branch at about chest level. I broke off most of it, but it's got a precarious looking dead tree across the top of it.

Kinda / mostly. There's an equestrian / emergency access straight out from the start of C going west to Beaumont Rd. It's apparently okay to ride this little stretch on bikes. Don't ride anything marked horse past the start of C, though.
Steve Vigneau
CRAMBA-IMBA Treasurer

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer

Postby ahopkins1988 » October 20th, 2017, 10:08 am

c0nsumer wrote:
ahopkins1988 wrote:

Kinda / mostly. There's an equestrian / emergency access straight out from the start of C going west to Beaumont Rd. It's apparently okay to ride this little stretch on bikes. Don't ride anything marked horse past the start of C, though.

That is the only connector I could think of and I knew there was no riding allowed on the equestrian trails, never have. I love C loop so was just curious.
--
Andrew

2011 Trek Mamba 29er, 2003 Trek 4500
ahopkins1988

Postby c0nsumer » October 20th, 2017, 11:02 am

ahopkins1988 wrote:That is the only connector I could think of and I knew there was no riding allowed on the equestrian trails, never have. I love C loop so was just curious.

It's only 300' or so in length, and is used during the Milford Trail Challenge. I've also been told by many folks that this little bit is okay to use since it is the access into C. But from there, no.
Steve Vigneau
CRAMBA-IMBA Treasurer

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer

Postby WICCMB » December 11th, 2017, 10:47 am

Rode all 4 loops Sunday afternoon. All loops were a snowy, leafy delight. I managed all but 2 climbs (the rocky areas on the return of B, and on D) with my 2.25 tires. Get out and enjoy this gem in the snow!
WICCMB
Administrator

Postby jumbo » December 23rd, 2017, 1:26 pm

I tried Highland from the Trailhead Dec 23 but it was too icy for my taste so I bailed and rode gravel rds instead. We need some snow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2017 Epic
2016 Fat Boy
2014 Stumpjumper
2012 Crux
jumbo

Postby washedout » December 23rd, 2017, 5:32 pm

C and B in good shape today. North/fat loop in great shape. D could use some traffic but mostly okay.

washedout

Postby amadkins » December 23rd, 2017, 5:33 pm

washedout wrote:C and B in good shape today. North/fat loop in great shape. D could use some traffic but mostly okay.

What’s the North/fat loop?
amadkins

Postby washedout » December 23rd, 2017, 7:09 pm

amadkins wrote:
washedout wrote:C and B in good shape today. North/fat loop in great shape. D could use some traffic but mostly okay.

Mostly old lake access easement/etc that has been cleaned up to start/end at the parking lot. It crosses Waterbury out and back and peeks out at the Beaumont intersection. Good loop for beginners and sees enough snowmobile traffic to be nice for fatbiking.

washedout

Postby amadkins » December 23rd, 2017, 7:22 pm

washedout wrote:
amadkins wrote:

Mostly old lake access easement/etc that has been cleaned up to start/end at the parking lot. It crosses Waterbury out and back and peeks out at the Beaumont intersection. Good loop for beginners and sees enough snowmobile traffic to be nice for fatbiking.

Hmm. Never done that.
amadkins

Postby Abbyj » February 26th, 2018, 7:46 pm

Anyone been up there? How’s the trail?
Abbyj

Postby b_b » February 26th, 2018, 8:11 pm

Abbyj wrote:Anyone been up there? How’s the trail?

viewtopic.php?t=137840#p946115
b_b

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions