MCMBA: Highland

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: MCMBA: Highland

Postby WICCMB » April 13th, 2020, 10:45 am

I have ridden Highland 3 times in the past 2 weeks. Granted, there are people in the parking lot (although I have NOT ever seen it full), but you see virtually nobody on the trail. The most I saw was on a weekend, and there were 6 other bikers (over 16.5 miles), and single hiker and a pair of trail runners. Not even close to being a problem.
WICCMB
Administrator

Postby ihateplaindave » April 13th, 2020, 11:46 am

That's sounds more like what I've experienced.
ihateplaindave

Postby mwilson7 » April 19th, 2020, 7:38 am

Can anyone shed some light on the new mountain bike trail on the west side of Bomount? Was out hiking with my dog and came across this trail which looked like a MB trail. Then within the space of 20 minutes saw 3 bikes on this new trail.

I found the start of it down near Weaver but am interested to know where it ends and if it's a connector which means 2 way traffic. Always happy to see more Trails in my backyard!
Mark
mwilson7

Postby Hudnut » April 19th, 2020, 8:04 am

I rode it yesterday. both start/end across the road at the Beaumont entrance to C-loop. Going south is new singletrack that gets you to downtown milford. going west is a little out and back DHish run
Don't worry. It's all downhill from here.
Hudnut

MCMBA: Highland

Postby steveracer » April 19th, 2020, 7:34 pm

We rode Highland.
Last edited by steveracer on April 20th, 2020, 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hope is not a good strategy.
steveracer

Postby mtbrskier » April 20th, 2020, 11:53 pm

I was hesitant to post, but now that others have asked, I have been inquiring about the same thing and who is doing the trail work on the "new" connector trails that go from the C loop essentially to the Village of Milford.

Its not necessarily new trail per say, but clearing, improving, and bench cutting of some old overgrown hiking trails.

Basically, it connects from Weaver Rd to the Intersection of the B & C loops.

From the intersection of B & C, if you go the horse trail crossing about 100 ft south of the intersection and turn right (west) the horse trail exits out about 1/4 mile to Beaumont Rd. where there is a pull out for a few parking spaces.

Across Beaumont Rd, the singletrack continues, and veer left.
Singletrack heads south roughly parallel to Beaumont and is benchcut into the hillside in a few places.
Trail turns westward and roughly parallel to the gas line and Cooley Lake Rd.
Trail comes to a clearing where you see the intersection of Weaver & Cooley Lake, can continue west on the singletrack or ride out across the gas pipeline corridor to Cooley Lake Rd.
The Singletrack winds around a little bit and crosses Cooley Lake Rd right by the square corner with Pettibone Lake Rd.
Single track crosses the road, crosses the pipeline corridor and veers left back into the woods
Trail crosses a creek and climbs slightly unhill and continues southward on the bluff above Moore Lake
Trail exits the state rec property onto Weaver Rd, about a 1/4 mile from the village limits and Muir Middle school into a small pull-out

Basically, the trails adds more singletrack into connecting the main Highland Rec mt bike trails to the village instead of riding on the dirt road sections of Weaver, Cooley Lake, and Beaumont.

Whoever is behind it, its awesome and good ride and a nice additional to our trail network out here.
I'll take it considering we are going to lose a bunch of the Milford Trail this summer.
Makes for a very nice ride and way to connect Highland trails to Milford.
mtbrskier

Previous

Return to Trail Conditions