CRAMBA: Pontiac Lake

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Postby scat silvurz » March 31st, 2005, 12:56 pm

you're lucky, usually someone who posts that kind of trail report at this time of year gets seriously flamed!
Five fingers, three chords, and one *beep*.....!
scat silvurz

Postby mr_opjones » March 31st, 2005, 1:05 pm

scat silvurz wrote:you're lucky, usually someone who posts that kind of trail report at this time of year gets seriously flamed!

I've been sitting here waiting. Kinda like a camera man in the wild. He see's the prey, he see's the preditor coming in. And he waits for the attack!!
:lol:
mr_opjones

Postby TheShadow » March 31st, 2005, 1:05 pm

Hey natmouse just became Karen... Multiple personality issues?
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men... The Shadow knows!
TheShadow

Re: My frist time out

Postby Mike_D » March 31st, 2005, 1:13 pm

karen wrote:I'm new at this

New at reading the trail guide? or just new at reading? :lol: :evil:
Mike_D

Postby Jeff_Jackson » March 31st, 2005, 3:48 pm

I too wait for the thaw to happen, but man when I didn't know better 10 or so years ago I would go anytime to ride trails.

We are not the trail police so when advising people to refrain from riding during the thaw do it with some respect to people, even though most of us hide behide some silly fake name does not give us the right to be mean or rude.

Besides most of the people doing destruction, leaving litter, and what not have no idea this forum even exists.
In a progressive country change is constant;? change ? is inevitable.

http://www.myspace.com/runnerjeff
Jeff_Jackson

Re: My frist time out

Postby hockeydaddy » March 31st, 2005, 9:22 pm

karen wrote:I'm new at this

Not any more :roll: :wink:
Some people are alive today simply because it's against the law to kill them.......
Mountain Biker

http://hockeydaddy.blogspot.com/

http://www.teamtreefarm.com/
hockeydaddy

Postby KLydesdale » April 1st, 2005, 9:45 pm

On Wednesday evening, I rode through PLRA on Maceday Lake/Campground road to check out the parts of the MTB loop that are easily accessible from that road. Not only did the dirt part of the road have a lot of wet/sloppy/muddy sections but the trail sections adjacent\ to it were pretty mushy too. These are sections of the trail that are normally quite firm even after a couple of days of rain in warmer weather but my tire easily left ruts. I don't like riding on soft, sloppy trails and I really don't like riding on rutted up trails that have dried out so I turned around and continued down the road.

But I'm thinking that with another week of warmer weather, the trails should be good to go.
KLydesdale

PLRA is rideable

Postby Moose » April 3rd, 2005, 8:39 pm

At the risk of being seriously flamed I will post that I rode to PLRA (not with the intent of riding the trail) and actually rode all but a mile or so just after the beach parking lot (my tube blew and my spare had a leak). It was actually quite dry and very rideable. There is a lot of debri on the trail, sticks, leaves, and what not, but no downed trees.

The only section that had a little grease was at the begining of the climbs through the pines.

Before you flame...

My tire did not sink, no ruts, my chain is still in perfect shape and there was not a bit of mud on my jersey at the end of my ride.

OK, let the flaming begin. :wink:
Moose

Take down the "Avoid" sign in the Trail Guide, Far

Postby KLydesdale » April 3rd, 2005, 10:17 pm

Pontiac Lake is open for business.

I rode the whole loop today. It was amazingly dry and pretty fast. I only saw two or three small wet sections and they were nothing to be concerned about.
KLydesdale

Postby Farmer_John » April 4th, 2005, 6:26 am

thanks Keith, I haven't had the oportunity to get out and ride anything for the last couple of weeks. I'll change the trail guide.
Farmer_John

Location: My mind, where I'm chasing the demons that elude...

Re: Take down the "Avoid" sign in the Trail Guide,

Postby Jeff_Jackson » April 4th, 2005, 6:44 am

KLydesdale wrote:Pontiac Lake is open for business.

I rode the whole loop today. It was amazingly dry and pretty fast. I only saw two or three small wet sections and they were nothing to be concerned about.

Thanks for the update, game on.
In a progressive country change is constant;? change ? is inevitable.

http://www.myspace.com/runnerjeff
Jeff_Jackson

Postby weimie » April 4th, 2005, 7:15 am

Whooo Hoooo!

Guess I'll have to ride there tonight 8)
weimie

PLRA is ready

Postby PappaBart » April 4th, 2005, 7:55 pm

PLRA is in great shape, but someone was out on a dirtbike tonight. If you see them get a good description in your head for the DNR. Luckilly they did not do much damage, but it only takes 1:!: :evil:
PappaBart

Hey FJ

Postby KLydesdale » April 5th, 2005, 6:55 am

I forgot to mention... there is a pretty big tree down over the trail just at the top of the last significant climb before the first time you cross Maceday/campground road. (It's less than a 1/2 mile back from road if you park at the organization campround parking lot and walk to the trail using the path at the gate on the other side of the road from that parking lot.)

If you want me to take care of it, I'd be more than glad to do so. I registered with the DNR folks last year and signed the form so I could use power tools out there but if I have to do another one this year, I will.
KLydesdale

Postby weimie » April 5th, 2005, 7:06 am

Did a night ride out at Pontiac last night....didn't see any tree down. Someone must have taken care of it. The trail is in awesome condition. No mud, hard packed and fast! Enjoy!
weimie

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions