CRAMBA: Holdridge

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: CRAMBA: Holdridge

Postby Josh McCreedy » January 3rd, 2018, 11:03 am

I tried to ride the Holly High School trails yesterday, which have had some foot traffic. The snow is so powdery I ended up walking far more than riding. Trails with heavy foot traffic (Wilderness, Seven Lakes) might be better riding right now.
Josh McCreedy

Postby chris_werth » January 3rd, 2018, 11:52 am

Josh McCreedy wrote:I tried to ride the Holly High School trails yesterday, which have had some foot traffic. The snow is so powdery I ended up walking far more than riding. Trails with heavy foot traffic (Wilderness, Seven Lakes) might be better riding right now.

Wilderness is a no go. :(
To "come back" would mean I've been somewhere.....not sure if I qualify. W.S 2013
chris_werth

CRAMBA: Holdridge

Postby CycleArt » January 16th, 2018, 10:00 pm

5 of us rode North and West this evening on fatbikes. A little loose but lots of fun. Get out and give it a try. Saw one other rider who did 2 loops on west. The more riders the better it gets. Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CycleArt

Postby Critter7r » March 7th, 2018, 4:39 pm

In before " ... pizza cutters ...", " ... inconsiderate riders ...", "...ruining the trails...", "...eramahgerhd!!!..." :lol:
<> Chris <>
I live in Holly & ride my '02 FSR 26'er '09 Trek Fuel 26'er at Holdridge.
Critter7r

Postby BK big fish » April 13th, 2018, 4:46 pm

Grubers was awesome! Avoid the Orchard towards the end. West had some soft spots in the beginning, but ok overall.BK
BK big fish

Postby ryguy79 » April 17th, 2018, 9:58 am

Any updates? We're buried up here in Bellaire and I'm dying to ride dirt and may come down to visit my parents this weekend in Flushing. Holdridge is the closest riding to them so I'm hoping this storm didn't turn it into slop.
ryguy79

Postby mitechie » April 17th, 2018, 10:25 am

ryguy79 wrote:Any updates? We're buried up here in Bellaire and I'm dying to ride dirt and may come down to visit my parents this weekend in Flushing. Holdridge is the closest riding to them so I'm hoping this storm didn't turn it into slop.

I've not been out but the last days down here have been ice storm, rain, and a layer of white out right now. It's supposed to warm up tomorrow but more rain tomorrow. I'm also hopefully it'll clear up this weekend but honestly going to have to make a last minute call.
---
Ibis Mojo 3
Santa Cruz Chameleon
https://www.instagram.com/mitechie.mtb
mitechie

Postby BK big fish » April 17th, 2018, 7:37 pm

We’ve had lots o rain/sleet/ice as priviously stated. I will check it out probably Saturday. Bk
BK big fish

Postby santaclausersolo » April 18th, 2018, 8:55 am

my trails are very close to holdridge and similar dirt, firm, but slimy on top right now. Holdridge may be decent by the weekend in spots if we don't get a ton of rain/snow tonight. Not super likely, but possible.
santaclausersolo

Postby BK big fish » April 27th, 2018, 10:09 pm

Trail is in good shape,-Orchards. Lots of leaves on Grubers. Did I mention the leaves? BK
BK big fish

Postby Critter7r » May 1st, 2018, 1:18 pm

Rode the meadow loop on Sunday. Chilly, but the trail was perfect. Even Thorn Dog exit only had one small area of muck at the curve where the is normally standing water on my first ride of the year.
<> Chris <>
Critter7r

Postby santaclausersolo » May 17th, 2018, 8:38 am

North was still a little muddy last night (rode north to east, assume it only got worse)
Meadows had a few soft spots.
West is mostly dry.
Should be good to go by tonight for most spots other than the mid north loop quagmire.
santaclausersolo

Postby Xtian1206= » June 11th, 2018, 6:23 pm

got an invite for a Graduation celebration. was wondering how far the trail head from the main park grounds.

never been to this park/trail so thank you for your input/s in advance.
Xtian1206=

Postby Negaunee » June 11th, 2018, 8:10 pm

Rode East Loop today Monday the 11th before noon. First, there is a double tree obstruction at about 4.8 miles just before a hill requiring dismount and maybe a walk up the hill since you start from a dead stop. Should be easy to clear with the right tools.

Most of East Loop seemed like really good condition at first but discovered at speed that the moisture made the trail a bit slick, especially in the leafy spots. Had multiple slide outs and slips. Left some skin on some trailside trees. Learned that one had to slow down a bit, especially in the turns. Meadows had some wet areas but much improved by the new rock bridge/bolstered section. Props to the engineers.

Then Orchard was quite wet, almost too wet to be fun. Some puddles and mud.

Most of East will be ideal after a day or two of drying out. Orchard Loop might need three or four days.
Negaunee

Postby Critter7r » June 15th, 2018, 1:38 pm

Love the new bridge on West near the end.
<> Chris <>
Critter7r

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions