CRAMBA: Addison Oaks

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: CRAMBA: Addison Oaks

Postby ed van slambrouck » June 1st, 2017, 6:20 pm

Great conditions out at Addison 2 inch or fat ready Dry and fast
ed van slambrouck

Postby JOB1 » June 12th, 2017, 4:37 pm

Went out last night about 6 pm. Trail was in great shape. Well the parts that i got to see. Got a flat between mile marker 1.5 and 2. Had to hoof it back to the parking lot. Time to start packing an extra tube and such i think.
JOB1

Postby jwhitey » July 10th, 2017, 12:50 pm

First time to Addison Oakes yesterday. What a great trail! Fast and flowing. Bald Mt was good too, only 2 muddy spots.
jwhitey

Postby PK » July 16th, 2017, 7:55 am

We rode AO Saturday (15JL17) around Noon. Very fast. Just about perfect.

Pete.
PK

Postby mrbikester » July 25th, 2017, 10:03 pm

Trail today was about as perfect as it can get. The weather sure was nice also.
mrbikester

Postby Negaunee » August 4th, 2017, 11:09 am

Rode this am (Friday 8/4) and the trails were quite rideable and nice even after all the rain storms. There were only a couple little puddles which were of no real consequence. There was evidence of rivulets that had washed down the trails from some of the downpours that left some minor trenches, but they weren't anything too bad and will largely disappear as more people ride. The trail was damp and pretty tacky, not slippery as I thought it might be. There is one leaning tree that is hard to duck under (missed my head but rubbed my Camelbak on the first lap :-) ) but I can't remember what mile it was at. It was shortly after a small incline in a field section that then goes left...2 miles in maybe. It was a fun ride anyway, so go enjoy before it rains again.
Negaunee

Postby ahopkins1988 » August 8th, 2017, 7:27 am

Prime. Like always. I absolutely love this trial and I am so happy my new job location is in Shelby TWP so I can ride this all the time! Pretty sure the leaner that is mentioned above is gone and the minor trenches were being worked on by Pauly. He is awesome, I didn't think the trenches were bad at all, but he was out there hard at work. No puddles.
--
Andrew

2011 Trek Mamba 29er, 2003 Trek 4500
ahopkins1988

Postby mrbikester » August 12th, 2017, 7:39 pm

Just as my wife and friend and I were heading out on trail it started to rain and it rained so hard for longer than I expected and some sections of trail were like rivers. Darn. Had to bail out but we will be back as soon as it has a couple days to dry out.
mrbikester

Postby utabintarbo » August 12th, 2017, 7:59 pm

It will probably be fine tomorrow. It sheds water well.
Addison Oaks TC

Current quiver

Impulse control fails me. ;)
utabintarbo

Postby Nuuchvader » August 15th, 2017, 12:02 pm

Rode Addison last night. Great shape as always.

Hey does anyone know what happened to that one tree that was smack in the middle of the trail on the downhill. Not sure exactly where on the trail it is located, but if you ever ridden the trail you know what I am talking about. This tree was the one where you turn left on a downhill. You get some pretty good speed, and boom right in the middle of the trail there is a small tree in the way that you had to duck around. As soon as you pass that you turn right and go up hill again.

Hope no one crashed or hurt themselves.
Nuuchvader

Postby c0nsumer » August 15th, 2017, 12:28 pm

Nuuchvader wrote:Rode Addison last night. Great shape as always.

Hey does anyone know what happened to that one tree that was smack in the middle of the trail on the downhill. Not sure exactly where on the trail it is located, but if you ever ridden the trail you know what I am talking about. This tree was the one where you turn left on a downhill. You get some pretty good speed, and boom right in the middle of the trail there is a small tree in the way that you had to duck around. As soon as you pass that you turn right and go up hill again.

If I remember right it was cut out (but not stump removed) when I was last there. A good thing, I think. It was awkward for no good reason.
Steve Vigneau
CRAMBA-IMBA Treasurer

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer

Postby Dark-Fx » August 15th, 2017, 12:46 pm

Nuuchvader wrote:Rode Addison last night. Great shape as always.

Is it this one? I haven't been to AO in a while but if that's the tree I'm gonna miss it :(

https://youtu.be/rPTGlFWlD6s?t=1461
Unless otherwise stated my posts and comments are my own and not representative of any group.
Dark-Fx

Postby c0nsumer » August 15th, 2017, 12:47 pm

Yes. That one. It felt like a useless obstacle.
Steve Vigneau
CRAMBA-IMBA Treasurer

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer

Postby Nuuchvader » August 15th, 2017, 3:23 pm

Yeah, that's the one. I thought the tree was a good "obstacle" and a brought more character to the trail.
It was always fun when you bring new people to the trail and watch them on the descents.
Nuuchvader

Postby c0nsumer » August 15th, 2017, 3:24 pm

Nuuchvader wrote:Yeah, that's the one. I thought the tree was a good "obstacle" and a brought more character to the trail.
It was always fun when you bring new people to the trail and watch them on the descents.

On the flipside, stuff like that causes people to drag their brake down the hill, leading to brake bumps and more work.
Steve Vigneau
CRAMBA-IMBA Treasurer

c0nsumer

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions